ADVERTISEMENT

"You are looking live..."

I will not be very popular when I say this, but I've always liked Brent. Part of it might be because Nebraska fans hate him. Always enjoyed his play by play. Don't get me wrong, he's no Keith Jackson, but he was pretty good. Loved how he opened the broadcast with "You're looking live at Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium in Norman Oklahoma".

I will not be very popular when I say this, but I've always liked Brent. Part of it might be because Nebraska fans hate him. Always enjoyed his play by play. Don't get me wrong, he's no Keith Jackson, but he was pretty good. Loved how he opened the broadcast with "You're looking live at Gaylord Family Memorial Stadium in Norman Oklahoma".

its kind of like Howard Cosell...I didnt like him either or Keith Jackson but they are all such icons you miss them.

Like Jack Buck, Vin Scully, Harry Carry, Dandy Don, Madden and Summeral you dont have to like them or cheer for their team but they are such legendary Icons you just miss them. Announcing, its a lost art.

There is one guy I wont ever miss and that is Costas....he needs to either become a sports guy or political advocate...leave your political opinion at home no one wants to here or see political banter mixed with sports it has become overload and a huge turn off to the viewer hence the NFLs drop in ratings and Espns loss of viewership. Just talk about the game...

Last edited:
It was easy to think Brent had it out for the Sooners, but he was always just a bandwagoner for whomever was ahead, and he called a lot of our big stage flops.

Reactions: iasooner1
I've never really made claim to an announcer "hating" OU.
Not even Mark May's Sugar Bowl prediction of Alabama beating OU 48-10 bothered me. All that did was wreck May's credibility.

Reactions: iasooner1
I've never really made claim to an announcer "hating" OU.
Not even Mark May's Sugar Bowl prediction of Alabama beating OU 48-10 bothered me. All that did was wreck May's credibility.
Same here. I don't expect every announcer to act like they are OU homers all the time. Some fans take crap like that FAR too serious.

And I don't think anyone lost any credibility over the OU-Alabama game. Even most on this message board expected Alabama to win that game, let alone people who aren't OU fans. Prior to the game, how many cast doubt on May's prediction? Seemed pretty possible going into that game.

I'm right there with you. I've always liked listening to him call our games. And now we're going to be part of the answer to the trivia question "What was the last college football game covered by Brent Musberger?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT