ADVERTISEMENT

WVU struggling in their bowl game

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
The Mountaineers are just not a competitive team in their bowl game vs. Utah. Yeah, I know about the numerous injuries this season and the fact that they've made it to four straight bowl games, but the Mountaineer program just has not progressed as some thought it would with the hiring of Holgorsen.

I like Mountaineer football and am glad they are in the B12, but Holgorsen is just not getting it done. WVU should be a top 15 type of team, but are usually a 7-6 or 8-5 at the year's end. Under Holgorsen, they are 53-36 after 7 seasons and are about to become 1-4 in bowl games since joining the B12.

The Mountaineer fans I know say they've underachieved with Holgorsen and are frustrated that they are not recruiting or playing as well as they should. He will definitely be on the hot seat in 2018, if he survives this bowl game loss.

I completely agree. We've seen how good the Mountaineers have been, and they need to be back there, for the health of their athletic program and that of the Big 12.

The Mountaineers are just not a competitive team in their bowl game vs. Utah. Yeah, I know about the numerous injuries this season and the fact that they've made it to four straight bowl games, but the Mountaineer program just has not progressed as some thought it would with the hiring of Holgorsen.

I like Mountaineer football and am glad they are in the B12, but Holgorsen is just not getting it done. WVU should be a top 15 type of team, but are usually a 7-6 or 8-5 at the year's end. Under Holgorsen, they are 53-36 after 7 seasons and are about to become 1-4 in bowl games since joining the B12.

The Mountaineer fans I know say they've underachieved with Holgorsen and are frustrated that they are not recruiting or playing as well as they should. He will definitely be on the hot seat in 2018, if he survives this bowl game loss.

Without their starting QB, one of the best in the country, West Virginia is doomed....especially against a Utah team that always plays well in bowl games.

I'm in Boulder, which is Pac-12 country now, so I've seen plenty of Utah. While their bowl record can't be faulted, WV made them look far better than they really are. IMO, a lame effort all around for the Mountaineers.

K-State has decided to stick with Delton at QB and its helping, K State just scored a TD on 4th and inches at the goal line.
UCLA 17 K State 14
6:39 to go in the 3rd.

Reactions: iasooner1
Just my opinion....had I been UCLA's coach, I would have told QB Josh Rosen.....the most important player UCLA had during the season...not to be on the sidelines with the team he abandoned for its bowl game.
I'm glad K-State won, but not this way.

West Virginia hasn’t been much since Rich Rod bolted to Michigan. The program did okay for a couple years after he left with the kids Rodriguez recruited. He averaged almost 10 wins a year there. I gotta believe he would go back if offered, but that’s not going to happen.

Just my opinion....had I been UCLA's coach, I would have told QB Josh Rosen.....the most important player UCLA had during the season...not to be on the sidelines with the team he abandoned for its bowl game.
I'm glad K-State won, but not this way.
FWIW, It wasn't a case of abandonment with Rosen; he didn't clear concussion protocol.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT