ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldnt it be neat

And just like last night, the b1g sleeps through most of the first half. Whisky's first crossing of midfield all night; score, force a turnover and kick FG to tie at the half.

On cue the discussion at the half is how 15th year SR JTB is so hungry from whiffing last year and should handle the SOONERS....

Reactions: soonerfastnloud
Well if anyone watched the college football show before the Buckeye kickoff they said " the B12 has great parity because there just isnt no great team in the conference".

Gotta love these clowns considering no one knows squat about any of these teams yet

Btw during the telecast Herbie said Indiana had the best passing attack that OHST would see all season

Last edited:
if these stupid ESPN announcers could actually go an entire quarter without talking about the SEC when the game doesnt even feature a SEC team?

Utah State playing some defense

Dusty Dvoracek did the color in this game. It's likely the bosses that make them talk about the SEC.

Reactions: iasooner1
Well if anyone watched the college football show before the Buckeye kickoff they said " the B12 has great parity because there just isnt no great team in the conference".

Gotta love these clowns considering no one knows squat about any of these teams yet

Btw during the telecast Herbie said Indiana had the best passing attack that OHST would see all season
Herbie is such a homer anyway when it comes to THE Ohio State it's pathetic.

Herbie is such a homer anyway when it comes to THE Ohio State it's pathetic.

Everytime I hear someone refer to Ohio State as THE Ohio State University, it makes my skin crawl. Whoever started that crap needs to have his ass kicked. It's worse than Hook 'em. I guess it is pretty obvious that I hate those guys. I want a Sooner win in Columbus so bad I can taste it.

Bama of all the games on OUs schedule I want to see our team beat the Buckeyes more than any other team.

Ill even go as far to say I want Texas to beat USC even thiugh it makes me feel dirty for saying that

I guess I'm different. I don't let crap like this bother me. Let them talk about the SEC, or whatever other conference they want. If the Big XII wants to get back into the bigtime conference talk, then start making playoffs. Being left out of 2 of the first 3 playoffs isn't a formula to entice the national media to go out of their way to talk about you.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Bama of all the games on OUs schedule I want to see our team beat the Buckeyes more than any other team.

Ill even go as far to say I want Texas to beat USC even thiugh it makes me feel dirty for saying that

Man, I'm with you 100%. Texas is in my top five teams I don't like to see win, but USC and Ohio State are #s two and three behind the Domers.

I guess I'm different. I don't let crap like this bother me. Let them talk about the SEC, or whatever other conference they want. If the Big XII wants to get back into the bigtime conference talk, then start making playoffs. Being left out of 2 of the first 3 playoffs isn't a formula to entice the national media to go out of their way to talk about you.

Billy I get what your saying but the problem is that the B12 has gotten left out due to a selection committee that evidently has an problem with the B12. TCU got screwed ( even more so Baylor did since they beat TCU ) because of brand name. Yes Ohio St won in that first year but TCU should have never dropped and dont kid yourself it was all about Urban vs Saben.

I can live with the B12 champ not getting in if they dont earn it but what I dont like is allowing a group of 13 people trying to tell us who "they " think are the 4 best teams. Ohio State has now gotten the brand name benifit twice from this commitee based on brand name and lets not forget they didnt win their conference last season.

This committee crap has already shown their hand on their bias and lack of rules requiring a team to even be eligible for the playoffs.

If you dont win your conference you have no argument to be in the playoffs and I would feel this way if its even our Sooners.

Last edited:
BR just to add you can bet your house if Oh St had won its conf last season and OU had beaten them without winning the B12 even with both at 12-1 the Buckeyes would have gotten in. We would have heard the committee say " we value conf championships over H2h".

Billy I get what your saying but the problem is that the B12 has gotten left out due to a selection committee that evidently has an problem with the B12. TCU got screwed ( even more so Baylor did since they beat TCU ) because of brand name. Yes Ohio St won in that first year but TCU should have never dropped and dont kid yourself it was all about Urban vs Saben.

I can live with the B12 champ not getting in if they dont earn it but what I dont like is allowing a group of 13 people trying to tell us who "they " think are the 4 best teams. Ohio State has now gotten the brand name benifit twice from this commitee based on brand name and lets not forget they didnt win their conference last season.

This committee crap has already shown their hand on their bias and lack of rules requiring a team to even be eligible for the playoffs.

If you dont win your conference you have no argument to be in the playoffs and I would feel this way if its even our Sooners.
I know some feed into the conspiracy theory about how it's a secret effort to keep the Big XII down. That year TCU dropping did suck for the Big XII. You can blame it on a Saban and Meyer conspiracy. But I think it had more to do with Ohio State manhandling a #13 Wisconsin team 59-0 while TCU was sitting at home. It sucks TCU dropped, but if the roles were reversed and OU blew out a team 59-0 going into the final poll and was still left out of the playoffs, there would be riots in Norman. The playoff committee had to pick 4 teams. 5 teams had one loss, and FSU was undefeated. TCU staying at home had more to do with them dropping than anything else.

The committee isn't a perfect system. But even last year I agreed Ohio State should have gotten in over Penn State.

BR

TCU played on that final day just as OSU did. Except for TCU it wasnt a CCG but they still blew out their opponent.

The committees reasoning was that 13th data point. That was just a convenient way for them to justify the jump. Its not about theories its about what the committee has already shown how they have no rules they have to go by.

The bottom line is that this committee thing has been all over the place changing criteria in its very short existance

My bad, I was thinking it was the situation where Big XII teams weren't playing while other conferences had their CCGs. Even so, TCU beating up on a 2-10 Iowa State team is hardly on the same level as Ohio State beating a #13 Wisconsin team 59-0.

I watched the replay of the BYU vs lsu game last night. Not sure who the announcers were but one of them was all lsu this all lsu that, their players are so fast, they can start freshman because they have top 5 recruiting classes every year, its a different type of athlete down in the bayou than you have out west blah blah blah. I think the sec lovefest gets worse every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT