ADVERTISEMENT

Would they pick Alabama if...

YourCrimsonNightmare

OU scholarship offer
May 29, 2001
Boulder
Ohio State beats #4 Wisconsin in dominating fashion, thus winning the title Bama never had a chance to win, and finishing their regular season 11-1 after coughing up a dreadful loss to Auburn, who got absolutely torched by Georgia today?

Huh?

discuss?

Reactions: iasooner1
I would rather see Ohio State getting in since they would be a conference champion. But that's just me.

Then again, I wouldn't be all that upset over seeing Alabama getting in either. They are a one-loss team like many others. They just lost at a worse time than others. The ONLY issue I have with this scenario, is the SEC getting 2 teams into the playoffs. 5 power conferences. 4 playoff spots. NO WAY should half of the playoff spots be going to one particular conference. Then again....anomalies can happen from time to time....

Bama should not get in but they will.
Ohio State has a bad loss but they also have a good loss to OU, the CFP Committee says they look at such things as a good loss. Bama has only one loss but had a weak schedule, lost to Auburn (Auburn gotta lot of love for that) and you see what happened to Auburn today and Bama did not win its Division or Conference. Bama does not have a good loss. Just my opinion and all of that is above my pay grade anyway so what I think won't matter.

Looks to me like Clemson will play Bama and OU will get Georgia.
That may be a good thing, Bama and Clemson can beat each other up pretty good for the Georgia OU winner.
Clemson to me looks like the team to beat, scary good.
Big Boy Football Time!

I don't want tOSU again. I just don't. Meyer is too good of a coach to lose twice in the same year to another team. Besides, they have two losses. Give me Bama for selfish reasons. I think we can beat Bama.

If Alabama gets in, then so be it. As long as OU gets in the playoff I really don't care. If Alabama hasn't played anyone and doesn't belong, then show up and beat them. Outside of that, nothing else needs to be said. OU gets in the playoff, then from there just show up and defeat who you are slated to play. Period. The end.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
What has Bama done to deserve it? Tell me who they have beat that was any good?
If the choice is between tOSU & Bama, I have to go w/ the one loss team... Bama.
As far as who they've played... well they've played a team as good as Iowa and won. tOSU has a bad loss on their resume'. Plus, the committee gave tOSU an 'in' last year and they were let down.

Iasooner so they played nobody and when they finally played a good team ( who just got blown out today) they lost by 2 touchdowns. Did I get that correct? I'm still not getting a good answer

If you are not going to reward Conference Champs for winning their Conference and put them in the playoffs then ditch the whole damn thing. Forget that they let tOSU in last year even tho they did not win their Conference, that was wrong and that was on the Committee not tOSU.

My picks,
Clemson
OU
Georgia
tOSU

What do they all have in common?

A top 4 let a terrible cuse team beat them. A top 4 lost to Iowa State at home. OSU had a bad loss but who has Bama beat? No one. At least OSU has a top 5 win after tonight

Reactions: OUSOONER67
A top 4 let a terrible cuse team beat them. A top 4 lost to Iowa State at home. OSU had a bad loss but who has Bama beat? No one. At least OSU has a top 5 win after tonight

I think you're ignoring that tOSU has TWO losses... Champion or not they don't belong. Now if OU wasn't in the equation then maybe. But OU took the risk to schedule the away game and they won. What I'm reading is that some wish to ignore that quality WIN by OU and/or ignore the loss by tOSU. The Big 10 presented the committee a TWO loss Champion and as a result, they should pay a price.

If you are not going to reward Conference Champs for winning their Conference and put them in the playoffs then ditch the whole damn thing. Forget that they let tOSU in last year even tho they did not win their Conference, that was wrong and that was on the Committee not tOSU.

My picks,
Clemson
OU
Georgia
tOSU

What do they all have in common?
If that's the case, then why not make a case for USC who is also a 2-loss team that won their conference??

Reactions: Huntin Hard
If that's the case, then why not make a case for USC who is also a 2-loss team that won their conference??

USC was the only top-12 team that played 12 power conference opponents, but their problem is the mix of wins and losses. They did all they could to give up the home game against 6-win Texas, but unfortunately the Horns wanted that "L" more dearly. Two weeks later they lost at Washington State, who also beat Stanford but got crushed against Washington and lost 4 games overall.

And they looked horrible in losing to somebody who was somebody, Notre Dame. USC's best wins were Stanford (twice), and Texas. While they are a very talented team, they were too uneven and unreliable to be top 4. The final game against Stanford illustrated their shortcomings well. USC's best wins were against a 4-loss team twice and a 6-loss team.

Not pretty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT