ADVERTISEMENT

WOKElahoma - January 4, 2023

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
*Without question the portal entry that perked everyone's ears up on Tuesday was that of Kentucky defensive tackle, and former five-star, Justin Rogers and not surprisingly the Sooners showed some immediate interest in the big defender.

In speaking to Rogers in brief he admitted to he and Todd Bates, who quickly followed Rogers, having a relationship dating back to when Clemson recruited him out of high school - when he was the nation's No. 2 defensive tackle and No. 16 overall player.

Rogers started 12 of 13 games for the Wildcats in 2022 with 35 tackles and though his 1.5 tackles for loss may not seem exemplary it's hard not to think of the Sooners desiring to bring in Rogers 6-foot-3, 332-pound frame to man their nose tackle position.

There's going to be considerable interest from a lot of places and it's not clear what Rogers' leanings are right now but the Sooners are definitely going to take a swing at his services.

It will also be worth keeping a close eye on Texas A&M transfer Anthony Lucas as Oklahoma has made some moves toward pursuing him, we'll see where that goes though and we'll keep checking on it.

**So more and more the list is starting to build for Oklahoma's Jan. 28 junior day with the latest addition being Rivals100 linebacker Payton Pierce of Lucas (Texas) Lovejoy.

The talented young linebacker is a guy I've had an Oklahoma forecast in for since mid-September and has been an interesting story to follow as he missed the vast majority of his junior season but that hasn't seemed to slow any interest in him. Along with Nigel Smith that area of Dallas could be quite good to the Sooners in the 2024 class.

***I'm currently headed to San Antonio to see Oklahoma signees Joshua Bates, Samuel Omosigho, Makari Vickers, and Jasiah Wagoner.

My first look at Vickers and Bates and very excited to see each against some elite comp for a few practices today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News