ADVERTISEMENT

With the College basketball scandal being exposed I wonder if Saban & Urban Myers will be exposed

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
College Football could be next

I remember during a quiet period in college football recruiting when Coaches are not allowed to have contact with recruits that Saban was spotted in the halls of a Tulsa high school and his excuse after being caught was that he had an "incidental contact" with this 4 or 5 star player at this Tulsa High school.

He never answered why in a quiet period why he would show up at this Tulsa High School.

Saban thinks he is above the NCAA rules

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
Doubt it. Basketball is a different beast. Top players are only tied to the school for 1 yr, so they have no fear of getting themselves into a bad situation with a school. That makes them more incentivized by bribes rather than team prestige and coaching. Top players in basketball are only going to school to mark that 1yr checkbox.

I'm circling the wagons as far as being concerned about what happens at other schools. I've seen enough from OU in my lifetime and my focus now is on OU keeping its nose clean and winning games.
But the reality is that problem players will often enter the program. This happens everywhere.

The biggest threat to college football is the potential exploitation of football "camps" and 7/7 leagues in much the same way AAU teams have been exploited in basketball. Basketball is unique in that the shoe has become a status symbol and because of this these shoe companies need the star power to represent their shoes. What's been exposed is more about helping the shoe company exploit the player when the player becomes a pro. The interim step to a college is simply the staging platform.

What this thread needs to get some traction and actually become interesting is...

678003d4129680213f67de5e34ba99d1--dragon-artwork-here-be-dragons.jpg

And...

141532_web.0.jpg

And...

emily-ratajkowski-underwear-dog-dkny-zoom-84e14629-d682-4f2f-83ae-d9b0c98e7fae.jpg

You're welcome, bullmarket.

Why does she have to wear her underwear???
Because recruits read this board to make decisions. We can't have them seeing us bad mouthing coaches AND objectifying women. Only one or the other is allowed, and I don't see us stopping the rightful bashing of all things Meek Stoops anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT