ADVERTISEMENT

What is your favorite Bedlam game ever?

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Mine is 1970, end of my soph season. We switched to the wishbone four games into the season, and had OUr growing pains. That at home, we erupted. It was the coming out party for the wishbone. Mildren and Pruitt ran on option to the left, and Jack kept the ball. Then 15 yards downfield pitched it to Greg and the crowned went crazy. uuuuuuhhhhh!!

66-6. The week before, we'd lost 28-21 in Lincoln to drop our record to 6-4, but it was the first time we'd lined up against somebody good, and went toe to toe with them. But the regular season ender was a party. OSU had won in 65 and 66 both by one point. Then we won comfortably in 67 and 68. But the year before, 1969 was the week after Owens won the Heismen and we won 28-27 in Stillwater when Owens carried 53 times. Finished the season, because in 1969, you didn't go to a bowl game with just a winning record.

Starting with that game in Norman, 66-6, OU lost only three times in the next five years including two natty's. THAT was the day we knew we could be pretty good for awhile. Only Pruitt's fourth game as a starter.

Mine is 1970, end of my soph season. We switched to the wishbone four games into the season, and had OUr growing pains. That at home, we erupted. It was the coming out party for the wishbone. Mildren and Pruitt ran on option to the left, and Jack kept the ball. Then 15 yards downfield pitched it to Greg and the crowned went crazy. uuuuuuhhhhh!!

66-6. The week before, we'd lost 28-21 in Lincoln to drop our record to 6-4, but it was the first time we'd lined up against somebody good, and went toe to toe with them. But the regular season ender was a party. OSU had won in 65 and 66 both by one point. Then we won comfortably in 67 and 68. But the year before, 1969 was the week after Owens won the Heismen and we won 28-27 in Stillwater when Owens carried 53 times. Finished the season, because in 1969, you didn't go to a bowl game with just a winning record.

Starting with that game in Norman, 66-6, OU lost only three times in the next five years including two natty's. THAT was the day we knew we could be pretty good for awhile. Only Pruitt's fourth game as a starter.
My earliest remembrances of sooner football were of the '74 and '75 Natty's with Steve Davis. I was only 7 and 8. I can't recall a favorite Bedlam, had to be under Gundys watch though.

1983. I posted this highlight awhile back on YouTube. Pooooooor Aggies. I witnessed this with a bunch of Aggots present in the room, which made it even sweeter.

1983. I posted this highlight awhile back on YouTube. Pooooooor Aggies. I witnessed this with a bunch of Aggots present in the room, which made it even sweeter.

You stole my pick.

We were down by 17 in the 4th quarter then scored on a 80 yard pass play followed by a Spencer Tillman run to get within 2. Lasher’s kickoff slammed off a Poke’s helmet, we recovered and Tim kicked a long FG to win it 21-20 against (I think) Jimmy Johnson’s last OSU team. You had to be there to appreciate how big a victory it was. That was the last game that my brother, cousin and I attended together. Never forget this special game.

All win's are great! It's the losses that tend to stick out the most. Like, kicking the ball a second time to Tyreek Hill and him taking it to the house. That one had me cursing at the TV and everything else.😬

Hoping some reporters ask Brent some hard questions in hia post game presser. He doesn't like being asked the tough questions as seen in his presser last week when he was asked one. He got pretty pissy about it.

Reactions: loopafied68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT