ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia

iasooner2000

Sooner starter
Sep 12, 2011
Looks like they can score points against a weaker team. Hopefully the boys rebound this Saturday

WV has been up and down. They had a couple of quality wins, but have not been as good on the road as at home. Last week, they whomped a BYU team that was missing their starting QB. 37-7. In the season opener they got killed at Penn State, 38-15. Penn State's not bad. They lost the crazy game at Houston where they seemed to score the winning touchdown with less than 25 secconds left, but because of an unsportmanlike penalty on that TD, the Cougars had a chance for a Hail Mary on the last play, and completed it. 41-39 Cougs. And they lost at home to OSU 48-34. That's ten more than we scored against OSU. That's their only three losses.

At home, we ought to win. But a lot is going to depend on who we have healthy to play.

Last edited:
This is a game that will likely be decided by 6 points win or lose. 50-50 game as to who wins.

i think Lebby probably got a stern talkin to by BV and will let Gabriel sling it around. I see this game looking like the Iowa State game. Defense has played well against the run for most of the season I see it as 35-17 OU

I would like nothing more than to see OU win comfortably. However I think it will be a 31-25 type game. Hopefully with OU being the 31

Reactions: iasooner2000
Game should be 45-17 type score. Much wiill depend how well the offense gets started. Lately the starts have been weak. With Stutsman back, very few worries about the defense.

I much prefer to feel like I have a reasonable idea what to expect come game day. This season has changed so very much and to the point I don’t have a clue which OU team is going to show up. I want to believe we get back on track tomorrow but can’t help thinking WV is going to make this another nail biter where the end result is a coin flip. No way I would wager on this game to win or lose.

I think we ought to do better at home, but I'm telling you, if the officials are out to get you, home or away doesn't matter.

Don't tell me how paranoid I am, after the no call DPI late in Bedlam. It makes a difference. And if BV lets it get under his collar, that complaint was the key to the opponents last two game winning drives. The second half last week was about the stripes getting the Pokes a win. It happened to Texas too, but they had enough to survive.

Hoping for a home win. Expecting to get screwed again.

I think we ought to do better at home, but I'm telling you, if the officials are out to get you, home or away doesn't matter.

Don't tell me how paranoid I am, after the no call DPI late in Bedlam. It makes a difference. And if BV lets it get under his collar, that complaint was the key to the opponents last two game winning drives. The second half last week was about the stripes getting the Pokes a win. It happened to Texas too, but they had enough to survive.

If I were you I would see if there’s a vaccine available for “referee paranoia”. Serious dude. You have a problem.

If I were you I would see if there’s a vaccine available for “referee paranoia”. Serious dude. You have a problem.

Hasn't seemed to have cost texass any games except whorn fans say the refs cost them the RRR game.
Man up play ball and no excuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soonerborn59
I officiated several sports including high school basketball for two decades. I guess you'd say I got more paranoid after I met a lot of men who officiate. Much more skeptical than I once was. Some of those get weeded out. But I believed the same thing, in the days when OU was often the best team in the conference, and got most of the breaks in football officiating, when most Sooner fans thought I was crazy to not see how poorly we were being treated.

And I thought the same thing 50 to 60 years ago, when we played Texas and all white officiating crews discriminated against OU because we had African Amerian players and they didn't. I saw them call Granville Liggins offsides, because the centers he lined up against couldn't handle how quick he was. One of the reasons Granny stayed in Canada was because he dealt with those officiating issues in college at OU.

It's only paranoia, if it's not true. In every sport, not just football, the Big XII officiating crews take care of the best teams, because the conference gets hurt if their teams headed for the best post season opportunities get upset in conference games. And next season, when we're the new kid on the block in the SEC, don't expect equal treatment from officials.

It happens in every conference to some extent. But this time it's not about who's best, it's about who's not perceieved as having the conference's best interest. And their teams look better next year, if OU and Texas don't leave as champions. If you don't recognize at least the possibility of that, then you don't realize how much the money involved matters.

Hasn't seemed to have cost texass any games except whorn fans say the refs cost them the RRR game.
Man up play ball and no excuses.
Part of the reason the KState got back in that game last week, was their DB's getting away with stuff in the second half, including a third down play when Worthy got tackled with the ball coming his way, with no call. It was BLATANT. Harder for OU fans to see that, but the guys calling the game saw it.

Reactions: Jax0221
Part of the reason the KState got back in that game last week, was their DB's getting away with stuff in the second half, including a third down play when Worthy got tackled with the ball coming his way, with no call. It was BLATANT. Harder for OU fans to see that, but the guys calling the game saw it.
I didn't see that game and don't doubt what you say. Its a shit sandwich that we all have to take a bite of until we leave this shitty conference.
May not be any better in a new conference next yr. Arkie fans have been saying for yrs how the SEC Refs screw them over because they are not an original member. Don't know if thats the case with SC, aTm or Mizzou, don't really talk to any fans from there or follow any of there fan boards. Just hear it a lot from Arkie fans because I live here.

I officiated several sports including high school basketball for two decades. I guess you'd say I got more paranoid after I met a lot of men who officiate. Much more skeptical than I once was. Some of those get weeded out. But I believed the same thing, in the days when OU was often the best team in the conference, and got most of the breaks in football officiating, when most Sooner fans thought I was crazy to not see how poorly we were being treated.

And I thought the same thing 50 to 60 years ago, when we played Texas and all white officiating crews discriminated against OU because we had African Amerian players and they didn't. I saw them call Granville Liggins offsides, because the centers he lined up against couldn't handle how quick he was. One of the reasons Granny stayed in Canada was because he dealt with those officiating issues in college at OU.

It's only paranoia, if it's not true. In every sport, not just football, the Big XII officiating crews take care of the best teams, because the conference gets hurt if their teams headed for the best post season opportunities get upset in conference games. And next season, when we're the new kid on the block in the SEC, don't expect equal treatment from officials.

It happens in every conference to some extent. But this time it's not about who's best, it's about who's not perceieved as having the conference's best interest. And their teams look better next year, if OU and Texas don't leave as champions. If you don't recognize at least the possibility of that, then you don't realize how much the money involved matters.

So you’re saying that NCAA officials are corrupt. Why do you even follow college sports? How can you enjoy a game feeling like the officials are purposely cheating your favorite team? But you do. And then gaslight almost every thread with the same message over and over again. I officiated baseball and softball for 8 years and never, ever knew another ref that I thought purposely did what you claim is happening in college sports. Officials miss a call or make a bad call a lot. That’s part of the game. You should know that. Accept it and you will enjoy the sport much more.

Plaino

The missed call, however blantant it was didnt cost OU the game. It was the inability of the offense being able to move the ball after the D gave OU chance after chance to widen that 21-17 lead. This is on the offense and nobody else.

With that being said I will stick with my my 6 pt difference and go with OU 31-25 but I could also see it going the other way. If it comes down to a kick then OU loses.

I didn't see that game and don't doubt what you say. Its a shit sandwich that we all have to take a bite of until we leave this shitty conference.
May not be any better in a new conference next yr. Arkie fans have been saying for yrs how the SEC Refs screw them over because they are not an original member. Don't know if thats the case with SC, aTm or Mizzou, don't really talk to any fans from there or follow any of there fan boards. Just hear it a lot from Arkie fans because I live here.
67 if you live in LR then we are about 30 minutes apart. I have watched plenty of Hog games with my wife and I can tell you I agree to a point with some of my Hog friends. They have been screwed quite often.

67 if you live in LR then we are about 30 minutes apart. I have watched plenty of Hog games with my wife and I can tell you I agree to a point with some of my Hog friends. They have been screwed quite often.
I live about 45 mins away from LR now but lived there for may yrs.
I have heard it for yrs now, I wonder why?

Plaino

The missed call, however blantant it was didnt cost OU the game. It was the inability of the offense being able to move the ball after the D gave OU chance after chance to widen that 21-17 lead. This is on the offense and nobody else.

With that being said I will stick with my my 6 pt difference and go with OU 31-25 but I could also see it going the other way. If it comes down to a kick then OU loses.
It wasn't just that call. It was just the most noticable. We had several tick tack calls the messed with drives that weren't of the same meausre they used on OSU. OSU play hard and deserved to have a chance to win. But they shouldn't have had it handed to them on a silver platter.

When I was officiating high school basketball, Abe Lemons was the banquet speaker at our end of the season get together. He thought NCAA officials were corrupt, and said it unabashedly. He told us a story about in one game style scrimmage while he was a pretty good coach at UT, that as an experiment, he and his assistant coach decided to fix the results of the scrimmage. Key calls, at key times. The players never knew, he said. He kind of did it, to prove his distrust of officials.

I guarantee you, there are people paying players to fix guys. They occasionally get caught, and it becomes a big deal. I think it's more prevalent in basketball. But a lot more money is gambled on football. I knew men who went to NBA officiating camps. They were taught when the first started the process that it's not a game, it's entertainment. Teams charge big money for seats, and those who come to watch stars, play, don't come to see them sitting on the bench in foul trouble. And they want the games kept reasonably close. In the fourth quarter, they want the marginal call to go to the trailing team, especially if it's the home team. And they official candidates were told, if they could call the game that way, they should go home now.

If you don't think officials are involved in manipulating point spreads, you're entitled to that view. It's not a big jump to other things. There may or may not be anything official about it. But officials who work for a conference, dang well understand that their job security is enhanced, if the games they work, benefit that conference in the big picture.

It's similar to the general knowledge that players have been getting paid for a long time. But few involved have talked about it much. And it has gone on for a long time. My old lawyer who helped me get incorporated in my little business told me that when he played at Baylor, players knew that there were hundred dollar handshakes back in the early 60's. He wouldn't talk about if he were ever paid, just that it was a known fact.

Some stuff just isn't talked about. The irony is that when an NBA official was caught manipulating point spreads for his own income being benefitted, it was the league's unspoken policy. But I think he spent a decade in jail, when he did it for himself.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
It wasn't just that call. It was just the most noticable. We had several tick tack calls the messed with drives that weren't of the same meausre they used on OSU. OSU play hard and deserved to have a chance to win. But they shouldn't have had it handed to them on a silver platter.

When I was officiating high school basketball, Abe Lemons was the banquet speaker at our end of the season get together. He thought NCAA officials were corrupt, and said it unabashedly. He told us a story about in one game style scrimmage while he was a pretty good coach at UT, that as an experiment, he and his assistant coach decided to fix the results of the scrimmage. Key calls, at key times. The players never knew, he said. He kind of did it, to prove his distrust of officials.

I guarantee you, there are people paying players to fix guys. They occasionally get caught, and it becomes a big deal. I think it's more prevalent in basketball. But a lot more money is gambled on football. I knew men who went to NBA officiating camps. They were taught when the first started the process that it's not a game, it's entertainment. Teams charge big money for seats, and those who come to watch stars, play, don't come to see them sitting on the bench in foul trouble. And they want the games kept reasonably close. In the fourth quarter, they want the marginal call to go to the trailing team, especially if it's the home team. And they official candidates were told, if they could call the game that way, they should go home now.

If you don't think officials are involved in manipulating point spreads, you're entitled to that view. It's not a big jump to other things. There may or may not be anything official about it. But officials who work for a conference, dang well understand that their job security is enhanced, if the games they work, benefit that conference in the big picture.

It's similar to the general knowledge that players have been getting paid for a long time. But few involved have talked about it much. And it has gone on for a long time. My old lawyer who helped me get incorporated in my little business told me that when he played at Baylor, players knew that there were hundred dollar handshakes back in the early 60's. He wouldn't talk about if he were ever paid, just that it was a known fact.

Some stuff just isn't talked about. The irony is that when an NBA official was caught manipulating point spreads for his own income being benefitted, it was the league's unspoken policy. But I think he spent a decade in jail, when he did it for himself.

College football refs salaries range between $11,745 - $312,976
The middle 57% make between $57,038 - $142,237.
It's their job to make calls that are so flagrant (bedlam no call, PI against Stoops) that the whole world can see. The ref is getting paid to stand right there and watch?!?

I think the ref froze and didn’t have guts to throw the late flag. He had to know he blew the call.
On radio the guys on the REF said the B12 sent out an apology to OU that said “ Our bad we missed it “. In my translation it was like saying “ F you your leaving”

• Angry
I live about 45 mins away from LR now but lived there for may yrs.
I have heard it for yrs now, I wonder why?
Its called protecting their original members. If we think the B12 is screwing us ( and they have ) then when OU is playing the likes of Bama, LSU etc and the game is close, then dont expect any favors that goes OUs way.

As I have said, I have seen the Hogs get screwed by those SEC refs more than anyone else in that league.

Its called protecting their original members. If we think the B12 is screwing us ( and they have ) then when OU is playing the likes of Bama, LSU etc and the game is close, then dont expect any favors that goes OUs way.

As I have said, I have seen the Hogs get screwed by those SEC refs more than anyone else in that league.
SEC officials will more than likely not give us many breaks for the next few years either. Hopefully they aren't as blatantly crooked as the Big XII refs have been this year.

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks we're getting screwed by officials because we're leaving the conference. Carey Murdock asked that specific question at BV's presser. Brent said he didn't believe in conspiracies, but was pressed, and said they can't coach or play considering that possibility. It's just a distraction.

It was a question, to be answered the same way he and our previous coaches have answered questions about playere injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT