ADVERTISEMENT

Well, gang. I come seeking prayer.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Long story, but I'm having a heart catheter on Tuesday, Jan 23 for the purpose of determining whether I have a stent or bypass surgery. I'm praying for the former. With a stent I miss a week of work. With a bypass, two months. By the way, I feel fine. But they did a stress test recently and said the heart was pumping fine. But there was congestion on the right side that needed to be dealt with. In 2018, I had a stent inserted in my LAD, aka widowmaker on the left side. This is the other one.

If God somehow were to take me Home, I'd be okay with that. But the one thing I do not want, is to not be able to take care of myself. I had two PC appointments Wednesday, even though it was freezing. I had three today and two Friday and two next Monday. Then, who knows. I trust Him and know He is in control. Pray for the doctors, and my longterm outlook. Know that He is sovereign, and trusting that is a great comfort in life.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

Long story, but I'm having a heart catheter on Tuesday, Jan 23 for the purpose of determining whether I have a stent or bypass surgery. I'm praying for the former. With a stent I miss a week of work. With a bypass, two months. By the way, I feel fine. But they did a stress test recently and said the heart was pumping fine. But there was congestion on the right side that needed to be dealt with. In 2018, I had a stent inserted in my LAD, aka widowmaker on the left side. This is the other one.

If God somehow were to take me Home, I'd be okay with that. But the one thing I do not want, is to not be able to take care of myself. I had two PC appointments Wednesday, even though it was freezing. I had three today and two Friday and two next Monday. Then, who knows. I trust Him and know He is in control. Pray for the doctors, and my longterm outlook. Know that He is sovereign, and trusting that is a great comfort in life.

Thanks in advance,
Randy
Praying... 🙏✝️🙏

Thanks in advance,
Randy

Godspeed in Christ, Randy. He is already there before you in your January 23rd.

Thanks for the good wishes. It gets real in the morning. I'm comfortable with whatever happens, and will let you know when I get the news. Not sure if it will be tomorrow, but they said I should be headed home three or four hours after the "procedure." Praying for a stent.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I have the greatest of news. One vessel on the right side of the heart 95% blocked, and the did a stent. The old stent on the other side looks good. NO BYPASS.

My prayers and those of all praying for me were answered. I'm positively thrilled and ecstatic. We serve a great God. Thanks for all who prayed. I can go back to work next Monday.

Last edited:
I have the greatest of news. One vessel on the right side of the heart 99% blocked, and the did a stent. The old stent on the other side looks good. NO BYPASS.

My prayers and those of all praying for me were answered. I'm positively thrilled and ecstatic. We serve a great God. Thanks for all who prayed. I can go back to work next Monday.
Fantastic!!

I have the greatest of news. One vessel on the right side of the heart 99% blocked, and the did a stent. The old stent on the other side looks good. NO BYPASS.

Yer a tough sumbitch plaino. Heck, to this day I believe I'm bulletproof, my thinking will never change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT