ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OK guys, going to start with the fact that I would be putting in a forecast for the Sooners and defensive end R Mason Thomas. The reason I'm not? He is still listed as an Iowa State commitment, and the way our admin works, I can't put a forecast in for a committed player. So, just want to explain that scenario.

And while he had some relationship with Brent Venables before this it seems his connection with Miguel Chavis has been a driving force in his interest in the Sooners.

"It's been going great," Thomas said. "He’s a great guy! Getting to know him as a person and coach is fun. He was a coach at Clemson with Coach Venables so they have a great connection already," Thomas said.

Thomas also clarified where the Sooners see him fitting in.

"That outside linebacker position. Rushing the passer and dropping back in coverage," he explained.

*Another South Florida guy very excited about the Sooners was 2023 defensive end Reuben Bain.

His relationship with the Sooners new head coach, Brent Venables, goes back quite some time and Bain has been a priority, according to him, for quite some time.

"Yes sir he's been recruiting me heavily since ninth grade," Bain said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News