ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Notes...(UPDATE: 2:17p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 2:17p - Want to make this whole mess a bit more confusing? I'm told that Oklahoma would take Adeoye's commitment/signature if he chose to give it at a ceremony in St. Louis tonight.

The bottom line seems to be that Oklahoma isn't pushing for him but wouldn't reject him.

Now the odds that Oklahoma turns their shoulder and he signs? Seems pretty remote but who knows, maybe it's the case of let the bird fly away?

All in all, it's strange.

UPDATE: 11:53a -
I have talked to a few people about the reality that Rivals250 LB offer Ayodele Adeoye hasn't yet signed, when most expected he would, this morning and was given a surprising answer.

Basically? Oklahoma isn't currently pushing him for a commitment.

I have referenced this a few times recently but I'm as confident as ever that Oklahoma seems to only be looking at taking one more pure linebacker in this class.

And they remain constant that they want that player to be DaShaun White.

I think they would like to have one more Edge rusher but when it comes to a guy in the vein of Kenneth Murray, Caleb Kelly, or Emmanuel Beal it looks as though they only want one more of that type.

UPDATE: 10:38a -
I know that some of you are wondering what is happening with Oklahoma's remaining three commitments that haven't announced signing today so I wanted to explain.

Jordon Austin

You guys know the deal here, Oklahoma and he are just not on the same page and I think both would rather head elsewhere but Austin has to find a landing spot first.

Treveon Johnson and Tavion Thomas

I'm told that they are still in good standing with Oklahoma and both want to sign but both are a bit close on their academics and Oklahoma doesn't want to take them until they are bit more sure about their academic standing - perhaps after the semester it will be clarified as they should getting test scores back.

ORIGINAL:

***So I told you there wasn't going to be any surprising news tomorrow, right?

Well...wrong I was.

Bad part? It's another case of googly eyes that you may not know the identity of for a few weeks or so.

Good part? It's googly eyes that will be looking down as they sign an LOI.

***I spoke to Dashaun White a bit today/tonight and I think he is just kind of unsure where to go with his recruitment and probably needs a little time to step back from it all.

I still don't expect him to sign during this period, and I'm pretty confident he won't be announcing anything either.

I continue to hear that for that to change Oklahoma is going to have to overcome his mother's objection - something that, obviously is unlikely in the next 72 hours.

That said, I think this is more about his mother wanting him not to rush anything and make sure he fully understands his options before making a choice.

***Obviously, we'll keep updating this as the day goes on but with the lead, I wanted you all to know something is happening. :)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News