ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Notes...(UPDATE: 12:38p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 12:38p - I know that the popular opinion at the moment is that this race is over and because myself and a few others are now picking Alabama, that the race is run. But I'm going to try and find as many ways as I can to reiterate that no one knows where this thing is going to.

According to one source, maybe even Wheaton himself.

I was speaking to the source about when the announcement might happen and got a very poignant answer from someone who should know EVERYTHING that is going on.

"He hasn't said what time he'll announce," the source offered. "And I think that's because he doesn't know where he wants to go."

Right now, this whole thing, even the decision itself happening, feels up in the air.

ORIGINAL: Alright, so I've had a bunch of calls today and it's been an interesting morning, the one thing everyone is sure of in regard to Camar Wheaton? "I'm not sure what he's going to do".

Now what I will say I've gathered is that while Wheaton had been in on again and off again contact with Oklahoma over the past months, in the last week or so, there's been zero contact.

In that time he has spoken, albeit briefly, with Alabama twice.

Now, I'm told no one at Alabama has been told what he'll do and there's no real indication of anything but going off what (extremely little) tangible info there is out there, I'm going to flip my prediction to Alabama for Wheaton.

It's so little info I hate to even make a move but it's staggering that at this point in time there's no real information to connect, it's just loose strands.

What I do find interesting? For all of the Tristan Leigh recruiting that I see Oklahoma's 2021 class doing on social media, they sure don't seem to be working too much toward Wheaton.

Perhaps that's a tell, but regardless, it's an oddity from Caleb Williams and co.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News