ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: 2016 NC QB Austin Kendall (OU Commit)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
I just love what I see of his tape when I watch him throw vertically whether it's 30 yards of 15 yards.

He doesn't have the world's strongest arm but it's certainly not an issue in making any throw he needs and again that touch down the field is what separates him and to me is something beyond just practice and repetition - it's something of a natural gift.

That thing that amazes me about his accuracy is that his footwork has a tendency to go so, so quiet. He ends up throwing off his backfoot with poor balance but still has the arm and release to put the ball where he wants to over and over again. Once he starts driving on the ball and using more of his lower body I think his velocity will surprise people.

What surprises me is that he is a better athlete than most can see. You can see him run and scramble and though he usually does it to find a receiver down the field (and does a nice job keeping his eyes down the field) he is capable of picking up yardage. As an athlete I'd make a direct comparison to Sam Bradford.

Rivals.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News