ADVERTISEMENT

Up to 7 in both polls

They don't do it in basketball, baseball, softball or any of the other sports either.
I am just going to ask. So you believe this 13 man committee doesnt have any bias in regards to brand names and money matchups?

Do you buy into the BS the chairman of that committee feeds people in answering those ?
Asked?

its amazing how that chairman tries to dodge the tough ? When asked them which is rare?

BTW those other sports have 68 ( Basketball ) and 64 teams chosen for them not just 4 which makes a huge difference in how teams are picked. Lets not also forget in those other sports have auto qualifiers from conf champs. In football evidently only conf affiliation matters with less emphasis on conf championships. Translation - football is a beauty contest.

Your trying to compare apples to oranges as those committee systems are totally different.

Last edited:
I believe what you’re saying but it makes me puke to know that “he is/was not a football fan but was comp’ed the position in the banking industry”. I hate all this phony crap that steals from real legit programs.
Has that not always been the case with most of the bowl committees? I recall the Orange Bowl Committee being made up of guys that had a single purpose, MARKETING their product. What better way to market your product than selecting the most marketable teams regardless of record. OU and Nebraska were always at the top of the Orange Bowl list. You may recall that OU got a revenge game with Nebraska in the Orange Bowl. That was a money decision that was easy to make.

Has that not always been the case with most of the bowl committees? I recall the Orange Bowl Committee being made up of guys that had a single purpose, MARKETING their product. What better way to market your product than selecting the most marketable teams regardless of record. OU and Nebraska were always at the top of the Orange Bowl list. You may recall that OU got a revenge game with Nebraska in the Orange Bowl. That was a money decision that was easy to make.
I agree, but bowl committees are different than selecting the four best teams for the CFP. Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT