ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh. Not a fake post. Velus changed his mind. Back in the USC column.

Pretty please everyone stop discussing this, we had one poster get his feelings hurt and totally leave the board for half a year. We can't afford to lose another poster. You guys need to just drop it

Is that a threat or a promise? :D

Lol. Well you know what happened last time the whole Heupel discussion came up. Tulsan turned out dead wrong, got humiliated and ran for the hills. I don't like the guy much, but I don't want someone else to leave over something petty

Reactions: BillyRay
Lol. Well you know what happened last time the whole Heupel discussion came up. Tulsan turned out dead wrong, got humiliated and ran for the hills. I don't like the guy much, but I don't want someone else to leave over something petty

I was just teasing you.

It was epic though. Wnas vs tulsan for months, just at each other constantly. In the end, one of them was wrong and was so embarrassed and humiliated by it, he disappeared for months. I could not believe someone could be that prideful but he was lol. I'm glad he returned

The nature of the beast Billy Barty (Mr. Deeds).

5 losses creates an uproar in the likes of Norman, Tuscaloosa, Los Angeles, Gainsville, with a few etc. Heads have to roll and you can bet your last Moon Pie any program with a Stoops type winner isn't going to yank the rug on that track record. Up and coming OC and DCs are to be had. Heupel also had the misfortune that the DC shares the last name as the HC and is therefore awarded a longer rope.

There are numerous factors that played into Josh and Jay getting their walking papers. It wasn't completely performance based decision when there's as much success produced by both coaches.

Neither were without flaw, but the pros outweighed the cons every season. And it took a string of shit luck to send them on their way.

Don't be surprised to see Josh attain the success all of us were sure he'd have here in Norman at another locale.
Well no doubt after a debacle 8-5 season there are prolly going to be heads rolling. But don't forget, Bob also let heads roll the 2 season previous as well when they won 10+ games. So you can't blame the demise of Heupel and Norvell simply on one bad season that led Bob to make a knee jerk reaction to keep people outside the program happy.

Bob Stoops has always had the status of he runs his program as he sees fit. The times things were out of his control were in situations of team discipline such as Jarboe or the Shannon situation where Boren reached directly into the process and enforced his will. But outside of situations like those, Boren and JoeC have let Bob run his program as he sees fit. So who exactly would Bob be answering to in regards to this "sacrificial lamb" theory?

So really the only explanation for Bob making heads roll after the 2014 season is he felt himself he needed to cut loose some dead weight that simply wasn't getting it done.

And I hope Heupel has a great run the rest of his career. But even if he goes on to be the hottest OC in the country, or eventually even becomes a great head coach in the same mold of Bob Stoops, it won't change anything in regards to what happened under his watch at OU. What he does from this day forward is completely independent from his OU experience. OU is a job he was fired from.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
It was epic though. Wnas vs tulsan for months, just at each other constantly. In the end, one of them was wrong and was so embarrassed and humiliated by it, he disappeared for months. I could not believe someone could be that prideful but he was lol. I'm glad he returned
That's the thing....ST came back and refused to admit he was wrong. He continued to call people stupid who still felt Heupel being shown the door was the right call. Of course you make mention to ST that with that mentality he is indirectly saying Bob Stoops is stupid, then ST flips his lid. What's really sad is this board would have 10 times more respect for ST if he would just drop his prideful ego stroke and just admit he was wrong and Bob Stoops and the people he said were stupid were correct.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Exactly! Sometimes pride can be a bad thing. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is right all the time. However part of being a mature adult is admitting when you are wrong and even apologizing. Outside of a couple of his followers, he is no longer taking serious. Whatever rep he had as a knowledgeable poster has went down the gutter

Yankees, I like you. You're funny and a good Sooner, but please put a lid on the old story about ST. It has gotten old. Sorry, but I just can't take it anymore. As Archie Bunker once said, "Use a little of your horse's sense". Don't hate me.

Bama I'll do it our of respect for you.... However tulsan brings it on himself. He is just a troll now. Times have changed

That's the thing....ST came back and refused to admit he was wrong. He continued to call people stupid who still felt Heupel being shown the door was the right call. Of course you make mention to ST that with that mentality he is indirectly saying Bob Stoops is stupid, then ST flips his lid. What's really sad is this board would have 10 times more respect for ST if he would just drop his prideful ego stroke and just admit he was wrong and Bob Stoops and the people he said were stupid were correct.
From a poster that claims he put me on ignore because of "all the arguments he'd won against me." You couldn't make stuff like this up if you tried.

I have him on ignore but just read a couple of comments in order to keep up with the convo. I won't make that mistake again

The programmers at Rivals got the "ignore" thing all wrong. When you click on "ignore" under a user's name, it should prohibit THEM from reading what you post. Think about how much fun that would be.

Stop trying to change the subject. No negative nellies here at all. This thread is pointing out the indisputable fact that Heupel failed and was fired. I know you hate it, but it's a fact.....JACK!!!! Lol

Your weekend has been very very negative. Coach bashing for lack of recruiting commits a key theme. An occasional positive thrown in, but way out of balance. And your accusations about Heupel distorted as usual. You got your wish. But you just will not shut up about it.

You sure you do not want to bash Josh for ineffective OLine recruiting a year after he left?

Your weekend has been very very negative. Coach bashing for lack of recruiting commits a key theme. An occasional positive thrown in, but way out of balance. And your accusations about Heupel distorted as usual. You got your wish. But you just will not shut up about it.

You sure you do not want to bash Josh for ineffective OLine recruiting a year after he left?
Okay...go back and reread the thread and see who was talking about Josh Heupel first. You and WNAS were debating about Heupel before I even got into the conversation, but you just go ahead and attempt to lay blame on me for bringing up Heupel. But in reality, if you want to tell someone to shut up about Heupel, start with yourself.

And if you think my posting is out of balance, well...that's like YOUR problem...not mine. That's not my concern to make sure Plaino is happy with what I post. But you are the one who decided to start a NEGATIVE thread about a kid decommitting from OU, so tell us genius which direction you thought this thread would take when you started it?? Or are you gonna sit there and actually say you figured people would show up and create a lovefest about the coaches and have a big ole circle jerk about how great and grand recruiting is going right now??

And I know you are being sarcastic about the Oline recruiting. But if you seriously think Heupel left OU with the QB position in great shape, then man you really do have issues, and quite frankly your stance about how much you know about football would be in SERIOUS trouble in regards to your reputation on this board.

The programmers at Rivals got the "ignore" thing all wrong. When you click on "ignore" under a user's name, it should prohibit THEM from reading what you post. Think about how much fun that would be.
Interesting idea.

About a year ago, I suggested a business requirement that would make use of some of the new Analytics being used by companies like Google.

When combined with the unbelievable amount of data that is accumulated and stored...without our knowledge in most cases...this software is scary. It has the ability to "learn" about us based on browsing habits, info entered by us including context, physical locations, and even determine "mood" and personality traits.

My suggested requirement was to send a small amount of current to the keyboard of a poster with a history of bashing coaches of Championship winning teams. The team responded that while such a requirement could be met, site sponsors would never go for it due to the amount of traffic these few posters generate on the message boards.

I then suggested they limit the requirement to those posters with a history of demonstrated character flaws regarding integrity and honesty that drive posters AWAY from message boards in droves. This clearly piqued their curiosity and they are analyzing data as we speak.

Since I'm apparently ignored by billybarkingwnasyank, someone should advise them to invest in some rubber gloves. I know, I know...but it's the right thing to do. ;)

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc

Nope, the programmers got the ignore thing all wrong that when you put someone on ignore they don't get amoebic dysentery.:D

Reactions: Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc
Yankees, I like you. You're funny and a good Sooner, but please put a lid on the old story about ST. It has gotten old. Sorry, but I just can't take it anymore. As Archie Bunker once said, "Use a little of your horse's sense". Don't hate me.
There are some posters here who post like they probably wear their underwear. Way. Past. The. Expiration. Date.

There are some posters here who post like they probably wear their underwear. Way. Past. The. Expiration. Date.

Yep, I was at one of those stand up comic places, the 'Chuckle house' or something like that.

The comic was talking about his worn out underwear...how it resembled 'dandelion spores'.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT