ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Notes...(UPDATE: 2:08p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 2:08p - OK guys, the more I talk to people the more I think that this Jase McClellan thing isn't really coming down to the wire - it almost feels like the two are going their separate ways or something.

It's just all very odd but it's also feeling very final.

If I could forecast to Alabama, I would.

I know with that some have wondered whether Oklahoma would start to contact some running backs but I've spoken to several of the in-state stars that one might expect the Sooners to reach out to - Sevion Morrison and Isaiah Jacobs, in particular.

Both said they've had no real contact with Oklahoma in quite some time.

In my conversations with some people I don't think Oklahoma is going to be in a huge hurry to fill this likely opened scholarship spot.

"With where (Oklahoma is) with Treveyon Henderson and Camar Wheaton they aren't going to take a guy just to take a guy. Honestly, I might watch the transfer portal as well," a source said.

ORIGINAL:
Alright guys, so plenty to go over this morning...and yes, I get that many of were relating to this yesterday...

giphy.gif

*First off is all of the talk around Aledo, Texas Rivals100 running back Jase McClellan. In short? It's not great.

It just feels more and more like this is slipping away from Oklahoma. As I've said for a while the loss of McClellan stings from a perception standpoint, and there's a part of me that thinks that's why Oklahoma was fighting the battle they were.

However, when you look at the numbers and the expectation of what may return, it's a loss that Oklahoma can survive.

I know that's silver lining stuff but honestly, I'm betting on Alabama at this point, I just don't like the things I'm hearing.

You throw on top that neither Lincoln Riley nor Jay Boulware are currently following McClellan and you've got the long and short of things.

**Onto some other news, there is plenty of reason to believe that Josh Eaton, the four-star cornerback of Aldine (Texas) MacArthur won't sign - let's be real, the guy came out and said it. However, I've talked to some sources who termed it as 'smoke screens', so we'll have to see what actually plays out but I'll simply say I don't think it's a definite scenario.

***Sticking at cornerback I know everyone got wound up about the rumors surrounding Brian George yesterday when Jeffrey Lee of our Auburn site picked George to end up at Oklahoma. I spoke a bit with Lee and I think it was just a guy being careful about making a change from his initial Auburn pick once he learned it definitely wasn't going to be the Tigers.

Now what's interesting is that I can confirm that George has reached out to Oklahoma in the past few days. Still though I think it's a situation of he could be a guy that is a take next signing period if that is a possibility but I do not expect him to be newsworthy in this period - well, beyond this note.

****Finally, I know that everyone has reacted to Reggie Grimes and the rumors of him not signing tomorrow but, like Eaton, I think there are some conflicting stories. I've talked to some sources who still expect him to sign on Wednesday.

I DO NOT KNOW how it will play out but like Eaton, I'm not sure of anything.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News