ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

bcsoonerfan

Sooner starter
Aug 7, 2007
It's that time of year. So far Hicks and DJ Graham are the only 2. Hate to see Graham go but with the emergence of Gibson and Anderson, reps are going to be sparse. He wanted to play his more natural receiver position and I don't blame him. It's my understanding he was coerced into playing CB under Grinch.

Anyway, figured a thread to keep track would be good conversation.

Some interesting portal entries around the country:

Kansas State QB Will Howard
USC and former OU commit Raleek Brown
Baylor QB Blake Shapen

Running back situation was very odd all season.

Little to no action for Sawchuk and Barnes early (Barnes all year), after everybody assumed they would be aiming for 1000 yards each. Barnes was a clear number 2 behind Gray in 2022.

Marcus Major and Walker getting nearly all reps early, with Walker separating himself from everybody as #1. Then Major goes MIA for pretty much 2/3 of the season.

Then finish off with Sawchuk going over 100 yards the last 4 games and pretty much the only RB playing.

I'm sure injuries factored in heavily but still odd.

Before the season started I posted that they may have a hard time keeping the RB Room happy as it seemed to be one of the best groups on the team but it turned into a cluster for whatever reason. Not surprised he entered the portal and more may follow.
Kids just want to play. Hate to see him leave but I cant say I blame him. The portal has made things so easy for the players today. No clue where he ends up but wherever he goes I wish him success.

Jerand Bradley 6'5 220lb WR at tech will enter the portal. Im sure being from the Dallas area Emmett Jones was a big factor in why he went to Tech. Hopefully we will see in a Sooner uni next year.

Reactions: iasooner2000
One thing for sure, the transfer portal and nil money has certainly
changed college football.
Yeah, it's why I've pretty much punched out. It's like mini nfl. Might as well go to one and done at this point too. And with no regulation, it's quickly becoming who can buy the best team. Not a fan.

I saw this article quoting a coach saying a good quarterback costs between $1.5 and 2 million...

Sooner or later the NIL crap will start turning fans sour. Lets face it, these kids are no longer student athletes. This is what a majority of fans wanted and those that did want it have no room to bitch. As Medic stated its become a “ Highest bidder” league.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Every Texas Longhorns offensive lineman on scholarship will get $50,000 annually for use of their name, image and likeness to support charitable causes, a new nonprofit entity announced Monday.

This is just a sample. Nothing more than employees these days.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Every Texas Longhorns offensive lineman on scholarship will get $50,000 annually for use of their name, image and likeness to support charitable causes, a new nonprofit entity announced Monday.

This is just a sample. Nothing more than employees these days.

General Booty has a $120k NIL. Go figure.

• Haha
Reactions: 22LR
Sooner or later the NIL crap will start turning fans sour. Let’s face it, these kids are no longer student athletes. This is what a majority of fans wanted and those that did want it have no room to bitch. As Medic stated its become a “ Highest bidder” league.
Truth. Once the ticket prices escalate to pay the all the bills it could get ugly..

Especially when Drake’s nil is $62k
Out of curiosity, where do you find all this information from? Drake is underpaid for the year he had. Honestly though is NIL money all public and wonder what OU pays the offensive lineman. Can our fanbase get a refund on those defensive NIL players that look lost?

• Haha
Out of curiosity, where do you find all this information from? Drake is underpaid for the year he had. Honestly though is NIL money all public and wonder what OU pays the offensive lineman. Can our fanbase get a refund on those defensive NIL players that look lost?
Just go out and search Oklahoma players NIL deals. Gabriel is tops at approximately $1.4M. It lists all athletes male and females. Actually it’s on ON3. Com under Top Oklahoma NIL Players.

Just go out and search Oklahoma players NIL deals. Gabriel is tops at approximately $1.4M. It lists all athletes male and females. Actually it’s on ON3. Com under Top Oklahoma NIL Players.

Didnt realize OU was this high in NIL

Good money just to hold a clipboard
But he’s actually doing something for his. He does publicly for a clothing line or something. I don’t have a problem if they are doing something like autographs or commercials but most actually do nothing and just get checks.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT