ADVERTISEMENT

The Sooner Scoop – Friday, August 2, 2002

B00MERS00NER89

Sooner commitment
Jan 24, 2012
Went back to read the first scoop that I could find on this site. . . .

Robert Meachem WR 6-foot-3 200 4.3 Tulsa (Okla.) Booker T. Washington

Analysis: The crown jewel of Oklahoma is Booker T. Washington star Robert Meachem; many including the scoop feel he is the best receiver to ever emerge from the Oklahoma school boy ranks. Meachem’s combination of size and speed, make him a mismatch for just about any defensive back in the nation much less the state. The scoop has said it before and will continue to say it, if Meachem isn’t in Crimson and Cream for the next four years, we will collectively weep. On that note, after talking to some close to Booker’s program the situation looks very promising for the Sooners. Apparently there was a reason behind wearing the Oklahoma camp shirt underneath his uniform.

The Scoop spent some time watching Robert Meachem play hoops this week. Does dishing out passes as a point guard give him any thoughts about maybe playing quarterback for Booker T?

“Nah,” Meachem said. “I’d rather get my picture in the paper catching it, instead of throwing it. Plus, the girls like stud receivers better than pretty boy quarterbacks.”

It doesn’t happen often, but Meachem can open up when he wants to and The Scoop was glad it got a chance to be there for that gem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News