ADVERTISEMENT

***THE OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA VS TEXAS GAME THREAD***

Lincoln Riley left his fingerprints on this team, and they can't be wiped away at least through this year.
Meanwhile, Venables will get thrown under the bus.
That does not excuse the absolutely appalling game this coaching staff is putting up. They show signs of life and then change to things that are not working. Beville needs to be on the bench and Willis and the RBs running the ball. Riley has very little to do with the poor choices being made by Lebby.

The team does not look ready to play and hasnt in 3 weeks, that's not Riley's fault. Thats squarely on BV. The defense is totally out of position on just about every play. He has lost that fire in his belly, if this was happening to his Clemson team he would be coming unglued on the sideline.
History lesson:
Riley took one of OU's greatest QBs in Caleb Williams, plus a gifted receiver in Mario Willams with him to USC. The best RB on the team, Kennedy Brooks, left and so did the best 4 defenders on last year's team. The offensive line lost three starters, who really haven't been replaced very well. Even Rattler left, and in spite of his flaws, he may have been better for OU than Gabriel.
Venables knew he inherited a somewhat diminished team and tried to encourage the players and fans with reassurances and rah-rah speeches.... which now have proven to be a failure.
This team is in a tear-down, build-back-up mode and it's going to take at least another year to rebuild. If recruiting is any indication, the rebuilding is already underway.

Look at the starting lineups for each team in the OU-Kansas State game and OU-TCU team. Any way you want to spin it, current ratings or recruiting ratings coming out of high school. There's no way that these teams have superior talent than OU, I don't care how many players Riley took with him.

At any rate, before today, the last time OU lost three consecutive games was 24 years ago, October 24, 1998.

10/10 Texas L 3-34
10/17 @Missouri L 6-20
10/24 @Oklahoma State L 26-41

w7X12uz.jpg

This is, "nice try, Brent, you're out of your element. Start thinking about where you'd like to be a defensive coordinator, because you're garbage as a head coach."

I didn't like the hire then and I don't like it now. BV is in over his head as is most of this staff. Roof should be let go yesterday. I have said it since day 1 that he was a bad hire that I couldn't wrap my mind around. Just inexcusable. Smdh.

Look at the starting lineups for each team in the OU-Kansas State game and OU-TCU team. Any way you want to spin it, current ratings or recruiting ratings coming out of high school. There's no way that these teams have superior talent than OU, I don't care how many players Riley took with him.

At any rate, before today, the last time OU lost three consecutive games was 24 years ago, October 24, 1998.

10/10 Texas L 3-34
10/17 @Missouri L 6-20
10/24 @Oklahoma State L 26-41

w7X12uz.jpg
How could that have happened given the great QBs on OU's roster that year??:
Reese, Fletcher and Daniels.

Imagine how shitty it must be to go down in the record books as the worst Oklahoma coach ever. Nobody ever thought that title could be stripped from John Blake.

Reactions: Oklabama
I was assured last month by someone here that OU's depth at quarterback was not or should not be a concern. Hmmmmm.

500-100 yards of offense. Why don't we just call the game like a bunch of bitches?

Let's go, Brent! Good job! No worries. Riley stole the talent. We're onboard with your excuses for a blank in the Texas game... You douchebag.

Let's go, Brent! Good job! No worries. Riley stole the talent. We're onboard with your excuses for a blank in the Texas game... You douchebag.
JCon, the only way Brent isn’t the coach next year is for him to go winless the rest of the way and then he may have to resign. I’m not touting him for another year but that’s probably the way it would have to go down. Too much has been made about his hire by Big people within the program. Just my opinion.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Bama, ND, OSU, USC all, have fallen way down, when you go through 3 coaches in 6 years.
There are maybe 3-5 elite college coaches at anytime and getting 3 in row, was never going to happen. The program will need a miracle or OU, can and most likely go through 10 or so, bad years.

Bama, ND, OSU, USC all, have fallen way down, when you go through 3 coaches in 6 years.
There are maybe 3-5 elite college coaches at anytime and getting 3 in row, was never going to happen. The program will need a miracle or OU, can and most likely go through 10 or so, bad years.

Not a valid comparison. Any program that goes through that kind of turnover is because at least one of those coaches got fired for poor performance. Not the case at OU. This program still had plenty of talent left over to at least be a reasonably competitive team. Not elite by any means, but at least playing competitive football against decent teams.

I was assured last month by someone here that OU's depth at quarterback was not or should not be a concern. Hmmmmm.
The QB talent level was on display. Booty led the nation as a JUCO freshman last year, Evers is a 4 star, Micah Bowens was a 4 star from Vegas. Today's failure had more to do with coaching and play selection than QB depth. Beville is not good. We cannot say the same about the others.

History lesson:
Riley took one of OU's greatest QBs in Caleb Williams, plus a gifted receiver in Mario Willams with him to USC. The best RB on the team, Kennedy Brooks, left and so did the best 4 defenders on last year's team. The offensive line lost three starters, who really haven't been replaced very well. Even Rattler left, and in spite of his flaws, he may have been better for OU than Gabriel.
Venables knew he inherited a somewhat diminished team and tried to encourage the players and fans with reassurances and rah-rah speeches.... which now have proven to be a failure.
This team is in a tear-down, build-back-up mode and it's going to take at least another year to rebuild. If recruiting is any indication, the rebuilding is already underway.
Youre crazy if you think this recruiting class will stay intact, BV is supposed to be a defensive guru and will develop top talent. Well hes had these guys for 8 months and they are awful. I do not see one person who has gotten better, recruits today want results and action now. Going 3-9 will not help recruiting.

I thought Lebby was known for tempo? Sark schooled OU today with tempo. Texas moved much quicker on offense than OU and wore our defense out early

He did and he looked just as lost as Beville. This team looks like the just met in the parking lot and thought they would give football a try. Completely disassembled. Lost.
Maybe if he had gotten more reps at practice this week instead of wasting practice time putting 4 different guys in as a wildcat qb, he might have been prepared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT