ADVERTISEMENT

Sunny Golloway interview with Al on the sports animal

Hvcougar34

Sooner signee
Nov 28, 2021
Sunny appeared on Al’s show yesterday. If you didn’t catch it, I encourage you to go on the Sports Animal website and play Al’s podcast from 6/24. I don’t live in OKC but I happened to see something about him appearing on Al’s show so I gave it a listen. SG was very honest about most things that happened in the past with the OU baseball program. He admitted that he made a huge mistake by leaving for Auburn. He said the reason he left was because Toby’s Keith, although he didn’t mention his name but it was obviously him, wanted to give a $3 million gift to the baseball program to build something in the burms but Joe C said it had to go to go towards the new football dorm. I have said numerous times that Joe has not been on board with the baseball program and that just proves my point. He also stated that when OU enters the SEC they will have the worst facility in the league by a far margin. Hopefully, the momentum of this run by the team will really get Joe on board, and I am not talking about improving the facade of the stadium. The one thing he was full of crap on was him stating that he had nothing to do with the firing of Ray Hayward. Anyone who was around the program at that time knows he is full of shit. He tried to put the blame squarely on LC, which wasn’t true. I don’t know why he will not own up to it, especially since he owned up to so much in the interview. And for the record, I truly believe Ray should have been fired because he was a horrible pitching coach. He had one good year and completely sucked after that. He was the worst pitching coach at OU in the modern era. He then spoke about the fracturing of the program after LC was hired. Everybody knows Semore did not like LC, but he went in depth with further details. Give it a listen. If you are a new OU baseball fan, it will bring you up to date with the programs history from the early 90’s until SG left for Auburn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News