ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
Alright guys, just to recap in the most simple terms. This month has been incredible for Oklahoma, so many big recruiting wins and almost nothing negative you can speak of.

And yet, I could never have foreseen what happened yesterday.

I walk away from the 'Party at the Palace' thinking Oklahoma is in pole position for not only the numerous commitments on hand but also...

Yeah, it's that stark and I figured seeing it might drive it home for you all.

1 5-star defender
3 Rivals100 defenders
5 Rivals250 defenders

You want some perspective on what that says?

Since Thursday I've put in forecasts for Vickers, Vasek, and Hicks - the three aforementioned Rivals100 defenders.

The last time that Oklahoma landed more than three Rivals100 defenders in an ENTIRE CLASS?

Well...let's put it this way Brent Venables was the defensive coordinator in Norman, Dabo Swinney had Clemson fans excited about a No. 24 finish in the top 25, Lincoln Riley was coaching inside receivers in Lubbock, and Alex Grinch was a defensive backs coach in Laramie, Wyo.

And yes...Oklahoma's staff has made those kind of moves in 96 hours and it of course forgets the additional chances to land two more Rivals250 guys and an LSU commit (that was once a Rivals100 member himself).

Now, you've got to get them into the light and let that momentum feed on itself as well but with the policy that has been so often discussed, particularly as of late, you've got to think there's a good chance things come to pass before too terribly long.

Along that topic, I know that there are a lot of you guys talking about timelines and I'll be honest, I'm not certain on much, I do think several of the guys that have you all buzzing right now could be done pretty soon - perhaps even as early as today - but again today we might get some feeling on timelines as I think some of what happened on Friday night was hoped for more than expected.

In short...'now, we wait'.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News