ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Notes...

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
Guys, going to try and track down a few recruits today to get some feedback - though I want to be careful of this being me coming to them from an angle of 'DID YOU SEE HOW BAD OU WAS LAST NIGHT!?!?'

But I did get a message from a recruit's parent, and this is a guy that could help Oklahoma on defense a LOT - he didn't really offer it in a setting where I feel comfortable attributing the quote to him but you all would be right to do backflips if OU were to reel his son in.

Here are his thoughts on "does this impact recruiting"...

"For my recruit, (the things said by players about the coaches) stuck out way more than the score. Perspectives change a great deal when it's real as opposed to fandom," the parent said. "(The recruit) was out riding horses and when he came home the first thing he said was 'did you see what (Kenneth) Murray said about (Brian Odom)?"

For those that don't know what he's referencing...

He then continued on...

"A player is with his coach and the other coaches 325ish days per year. A lost game is one day. When spring semester begins you're back with your teammates and your coach. No one sees that. People see games, not weights and conditioning on Feb. 18.

"If someone is no longer interested in Oklahoma or Oklahoma State or wherever because of one game than they were never interested anyhow."

Again, I'll speak with some more guys but thought that take might calm some nerves around here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News