ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Notes...(UPDATE: 6:58p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 6:58p - Just having a conversation with Theo Wease about his commitment to Oklahoma, two answers you all will like.

1: "I'm set," in regard to his future trips and how he is handing recruiting. Sounds like he is all done.

2: "I'm enrolling early," that one is pretty self explanatory.

UPDATE: 4:29p -
I am told that the things went really, really well with the Sooners lone non-prep visitor Notre Dame grad transfer Jay Hayes.

I think the Sooners may be ready to add some key help on the defensive line.

ORIGINAL: Guys, just going to hit the highlights because frankly I will forget plenty of the conversations, crazy 48 hours.

First, a lot of very similar buzz that I heard about Brendan Radley-Hiles's official visit last fall I am hearing about fellow five-star cornerback Chris Steele. Will that sort of thing hold up for three months? We'll see but right now I would say Oklahoma is out in front.

Jarrian Jones is a guy I was watching all weekend, I am not ready to give up that watch for another day or two, I will leave it at that.

I know my news from last night that Stacey Wilkins would like to visit Alabama before announcing his decision had a lot of you alarmed. However, in several conversations I've had with people however, in several conversations I've had with people I get the impression that this visit was pre-ordained and something he promised other people that he would take.

I have the impression that he is nearly set on Oklahoma.

Alabama has turned heads before but I don't expect that to play out this time.

A guy that really got swept away by this weekend was OKC Millwood running back Marcus Major. I had been told that he was going to wait until close to the season but more and more it sounds like he may be really close to jumping on board.

More coming...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News