ADVERTISEMENT

Stads' Thursday Thoughts

Stads

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2014
No Sunday Summary this past weekend. Too hungover and needed a few days to process my thoughts....but mostly just hungover.

This weekend is going to tell us a lot about the quality of our head coach, roster, and toughness. It's a crossroads moment.

We got temporarily way ahead of schedule on our rebuild with the Texas win and have been trying (unsuccessfully) to steer ourselves back under control ever since. The Texas Hangover has also been complicated by significant injuries that we've failed to seamlessly replace. Our gold star W over Texas and the hype that accompanied it had us over-ranked in a place we didn't actually belong (yet) on the national landscape. I told anyone that would listen that we were going to lose to KU last week. All of this is OK, and like I said; we're currently ahead of schedule considering where we started the season.

All that said, if we have the right Coach and if we are headed in the right direction, this is a game we win by double digits.

Our remaining starters and smattering of fill-ins are simply more talented than OSU, even if they are at full strength. That alone isn't enough, as the margins between even the best and worst rosters are thinner than ever.

This game is about coaching, attitude, aggression, and the ability to dictate your gameplan and make the opponent play the kind of game you know your team will win. Gundy is a pretty damn good coach and gets a lot out of lesser rosters. But, he more than anyone truly fears Oklahoma and his record against us reflects it. If we don't come out with an edge and aggression that confirms all of Gundy's worst fears we're going to be in a coin toss game that never should have been close.

This is a clear max focus, max effort, get right spot against a one-dimensional, less talented, scared little brother. I believe we'll rise to the occasion and they'll roll over and take their last Bedlam L for quite some time. Deep inside, they'll just be happy that they don't have to play us anymore, even though they'd never admit it.

OU by 20+

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News