ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners' 2025 OL Commit Ryan Fodje: Quick Film Notes

Bryan Clinton

Walk-on candidate
Staff
May 3, 2023
Bill Bedenbaugh and the Sooners picked up a commitment from unranked 2025 OL Ryan Fodje, which piqued my interest immediately when I saw that he held offers from Texas, Oregon, Tennessee, USC, and Texas A&M among others.

I decided to give his Hudl tape a once-over and here are my raw initial notes on the Sooners' newest pledge.

• Very light build but has a projectable frame with good height and long arms.
  • Needs to add significant weight to play at the next level
  • Strong hands and powerful when using good technique.
  • Keeps a strong base and uses cleats well in lateral movement.
  • When Fodje gets ahold of an opponent in pass pro, they rarely get away. (strong hands + long arms + good leverage = control)
  • Shows polished technique and good kick-step in pass pro for a junior in high school.
  • Does show a tendency to play with high pads at times.
  • Hand placement gets sloppy at times, but a majority of his tape shows good technique there as well.
  • Already wears knee braces, which he'll have to do under BB (definitely a plus lol)
Looks like a project player given his weight issues, but has great intangibles and could grow into a special player after some development under Coach Bedenbaugh. Overall a very good pickup for the Sooners, especially given the level of programs that are starting to show interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News