ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

I love Brito so muchT. She had a tough T5. So after two errors, one of which didn't look like an error, she stepped up in her next plate apperance and went yard as the batter facing a new Clemson pitcher. It was like, "I messed up a bit, but I'm going to make up for it.

Still pissed that she didn't make all conference.
Plaino, I also am a Brito fan. She got snubbed by the Big 12! Not even a second team selection.

• Angry
Reactions: iasooner2000
Look for a second coming of Val Cagle. She threw only 78 pitches today and looked pretty good early.

She also is the best hitter on that team. She will play and we need to shut her down at the plate.

I can see why she was a finalist for POY and will probably win it.
Cagle is done. OU has her number when it comes to her pitching. I have a feeling she will not hit every at bat. OU's defense was a bit out of whack today. Tomorrow, OU dominates completely!

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Somebody said I was too worried about umpires. But I despise the bracket makers more. There are several scary type hard-throwing pitchers in the tournament. Cagel is one of them. She pitched in all the of the games last weekend, on Saturday and Sunday and it got to her Friday.

There is Stanford's pitcher, and she's a stud. The ACC gets her. We get Cagle. The SEC "top teams" get none. Especially for Bama to get a 5 seed with 18 losses is ridiculous. Then they barely survive their own home and incredibly home again, get the ultimate soft tosser. I'm pulling for Norwestern to finish them off tomorrow.
The committee tried to give the SEC an automatic to the second round in OKC by putting UTenn 4 and Bama 5. I'm actually pulling for Texas again. But I think Tennessee is the only SEC team that makes the WCWS.

I think the three best remaining teams are going to be OU, FSU and Tennessee. OSU got a lot better draw than we did. It was said on the OSU broadcast today that OSU was feeling that there was no way they'd get a top 8 seed after their end of the year performance. Then after a seed, they realized they had a great shot, despite getting swept by Texas late in the season.

They looked great this weekend, but I don't think Oregon is very good. But another extremely overrated SEC team got swept by them in Fayetteville. Arky was an 11 seed. higher than Texas. Never should have been sweet by Waco U.

Reactions: loopafied68
Somebody said I was too worried about umpires. But I despise the bracket makers more. There are several scary type hard-throwing pitchers in the tournament. Cagel is one of them. She pitched in all the of the games last weekend, on Saturday and Sunday and it got to her Friday.

There is Stanford's pitcher, and she's a stud. The ACC gets her. We get Cagle. The SEC "top teams" get none. Especially for Bama to get a 5 seed with 18 losses is ridiculous. Then they barely survive their own home and incredibly home again, get the ultimate soft tosser. I'm pulling for Norwestern to finish them off tomorrow.
The committee tried to give the SEC an automatic to the second round in OKC by putting UTenn 4 and Bama 5. I'm actually pulling for Texas again. But I think Tennessee is the only SEC team that makes the WCWS.

I think the three best remaining teams are going to be OU, FSU and Tennessee. OSU got a lot better draw than we did. It was said on the OSU broadcast today that OSU was feeling that there was no way they'd get a top 8 seed after their end of the year performance. Then after a seed, they realized they had a great shot, despite getting swept by Texas late in the season.

They looked great this weekend, but I don't think Oregon is very good. But another extremely overrated SEC team got swept by them in Fayetteville. Arky was an 11 seed. higher than Texas. Never should have been sweet by Waco U.
I agree with you about Tennessee being the only SEC team likely to get to OKC. However I do think Texas pushes it to a 3rd game. The Alabama seeding was questioned by many and I think many are still baffled by it. I look at the SEC as always being somewhat overrated in softball as once again they sent 13 teams to regionals and only 3 made it out to survive to Supers. That is not a very good ratio or good look for them.

Hopefully OU takes care of Clemson today and a 3rd game isn't needed.

Patty took a bit of a gamble when she brought Bahl in, in the 7th. If she doesn't get the win, then who would we pitch tomorrow. But Jordy made it work.

There were SOOO many clutch plays today by so many different players. Who's player of the game? Jennings had two homers, including the game winner. But Hansen was as clutch as I've ever seen. Amazing.

But it can't work without Bahl. We have to get the #2 and #3 pitchers back in the groove, or we aren't going to be playing for any championship.

But today was special.

Last edited:
Patty took a bit of a gamble when she brought Bahl in, in the 7th. If she doesn't get the win, then who would we pitch tomorrow. But Jordy made it work.

There were SOOO many clutch plays today by so many different players. Who's player of the game? Jennings had two homers, including the game winner. But Hansen was as clutch as I've ever seen. Amazing.

But it can't work without Bahl. We have to geto 2 and 3 pitchers back in the groove, or we aren't going to be playing for any championship.

But today was special.

Hansen. Jennings. Brito. How do you pick?

Legendary game for the victors.

But it can't work without Bahl. We have to geto 2 and 3 pitchers back in the groove, or we aren't going to be playing for any championship.

But today was special.
Idk why, Jennings is definitely my favorite player. Also, Brito can tell the Big 12 to go flop off! Wouldn't even make her a second team All Big 12.

I think games like yesterday are better for the team long term than winning by a run rule. Not to mention more exciting to watch. Clemson was on fire but still couldn’t hold off the Sooners. Patty was very emotional after the game, which is unusual. She’s leaving alot of great memories on that field. Icing on the cake.

I think games like yesterday are better for the team long term than winning by a run rule. Not to mention more exciting to watch. Clemson was on fire but still couldn’t hold off the Sooners. Patty was very emotional after the game, which is unusual. She’s leaving alot of great memories on that field. Icing on the cake.

Patty sacrificed several run rules this season to get the young players reps.

I honestly didn't think about the pressure these women were under. I just figured they were so good, that they loved playing together and pursuing a championship together. Maybe half the team is seeking to be members of three consecutive titles. Anybody else who's done that in softball, is close to or already 50 years old. It's a special opportunity.

I think that now that they have the all time consecutive win record, they ought to be free to what they came to OU for. They're the best. so go prove it. Be excellent, and let it fall where it falls. A loss doesn't wreck anything.

But it does give me something else to pray about. I think Patty might relax a bit, if it's possible. She's such a great coach, and a better person being a leader of young women. OU is soooo lucky to have her.

Jocelyn Erickson in the portal after one year as a Sooner. Hurting for depth at the catcher position, from what I can tell only Hansen at the position.

• Sad
Reactions: Patriotgame
Erickson had a tough situation.She's a first baseman and was recruited before a girl a year older with all American credentials. Erickson was the better player for the first third of the season, but they switched. And she ended up playing a little outfield. It's not her strength. Easy to understand why she'd want to be the 1B number 1 where she ends up. Hopefully, Patty can pull off some portal recruiting like last year , which was sensational.

Next year, we may take more than one step back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT