ADVERTISEMENT

So B12 whats to change there language

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
Who wants to be the champion of a trash conference?
The B12 and the commish is embarrassing himself at every turn. From what I understand this has gone nation wide. I get that OSU fans think that since they are 2-0 vs OU and KSU they should get the nod but thats not what the rules say. For the B12 to attempt to change them to benifit themselves and screw OU shows how petty they are about them leaving.

Total dick move on their part. One has to wonder now if Houston and BYU has been instructed to lay down and take a loss to OSU last two weeks. Dont trust this commish or conference.

In regard to tie breaker rules. If this happens then the media needs to attack this. Looks as if anything to keep OU out in a 3 way tie with KSU and OSU. What do you think of this?

It appears to be the opposite of that. And OSU would be the one getting screwed. If all the favorites win their two remaining games. then Texas would be a one loss team, and OU, OSU and KState would end in the three way tie for second. OSU beat OU and KState, so it seems pretty obvious that the Cowboys should go.

But since KState and OU didn't play, the conference is saying a different tiebreaker should be used. It makes a certain amount of sence, since OSU didn't have to play Texas. But to me seems pretty clear that if there is a three way tie, and one team beat the other two, that they should go. It may not be that way. And the conference may be changing it's rules with two weeks left in the season, to rectify it.

I also believe in the Bob Stoops rule: whatever policies you have to start the season, don't change them after the season starts. Change them next year. I Iowa State wins either of it's next two games, but not both, then it really causes problem.

BarryTrammel started to challenge this. I'd say, rightfully so. But don't change them with two weeks left in the year. Back to twelve next season, I wonder what the conference will do.

It appears to be the opposite of that. And OSU would be the one getting screwed. If all the favorites win their two remaining games. then Texas would be a one loss team, and OU, OSU and KState would end in the three way tie for second. OSU beat OU and KState, so it seems pretty obvious that the Cowboys should go.

But since KState and OU didn't play, the conference is saying a different tiebreaker should be used. It makes a certain amount of sence, since OSU didn't have to play Texas. But to me seems pretty clear that if there is a three way tie, and one team beat the other two, that they should go. It may not be that way. And the conference may be changing it's rules with two weeks left in the season, to rectify it.

I also believe in the Bob Stoops rule: whatever policies you have to start the season, don't change them after the season starts. Change them next year. I Iowa State wins either of it's next two games, but not both, then it really causes problem.

BarryTrammel started to challenge this. I'd say, rightfully so. But don't change them with two weeks left in the year. Back to twelve next season, I wonder what the conference will do.
Dont get me wrong if OU was 2-0 vs the two other teams involved I would be saying OU should go. However the B12 screwed themselves in the way they worded things and no clarifications change in the rules changes what it says now. No rule should change after the season begins

We should've taken care of KU and OSU and not be in this situation.
True.
But a team in transition can experience bumps in the road and win games when they’re expected to lose and lose games they’re expected to win.
We need to look at the bigger picture with this team. As far as I’m concerned, Venables’ program is progressing well.

True.
But a team in transition can experience bumps in the road and win games when they’re expected to lose and lose games they’re expected to win.
We need to look at the bigger picture with this team. As far as I’m concerned, Venables’ program is progressing well.
You are correct in my opinion. Sitting at 8-2 right now vs 5-5 at this time last season is real progress. Defense isn't great but a lot better than last season sitting at 68 or so in total defense vs almost dead last last season. Offense in the top 5 or so this season.
I think a lot of fans are happy with that so far, I know I am with the hopes of winning out 10-2 would be a very good turnaround in yr 2.
Not sure what we lose headed into 2024 and joining the SEC will bring continued success but I think it will be rough the first season or 2. I also think a lot of fans will be upset when DG returns and is the starter our 1st season in the SEC, experienced vs inexperienced at QB our 1st yr in SEC play will be key. In other words don't expect JA to get thrown to the Wolves next yr.

Keep recruiting hard and continue to build on the success and good things will happen, maybe not as soon as we want but I believe its coming. I wasn't a fan of BV being hired but he has exceeded my expectations so far in some areas and has had some growing pains in others but thats really to be expected as a 1st time HC and the cards he was dealt by the shady dealer TBOW. I am in his corner for now, as I am for the rest of the staff.

You are correct in my opinion. Sitting at 8-2 right now vs 5-5 at this time last season is real progress. Defense isn't great but a lot better than last season sitting at 68 or so in total defense vs almost dead last last season. Offense in the top 5 or so this season.
I think a lot of fans are happy with that so far, I know I am with the hopes of winning out 10-2 would be a very good turnaround in yr 2.
Not sure what we lose headed into 2024 and joining the SEC will bring continued success but I think it will be rough the first season or 2. I also think a lot of fans will be upset when DG returns and is the starter our 1st season in the SEC, experienced vs inexperienced at QB our 1st yr in SEC play will be key. In other words don't expect JA to get thrown to the Wolves next yr.

Keep recruiting hard and continue to build on the success and good things will happen, maybe not as soon as we want but I believe its coming. I wasn't a fan of BV being hired but he has exceeded my expectations so far in some areas and has had some growing pains in others but thats really to be expected as a 1st time HC and the cards he was dealt by the shady dealer TBOW. I am in his corner for now, as I am for the rest of the staff.
Good post 67 but I have a hunch if DG returns JA will transfer during the off season. A kid that talented ( rather it be true or just speculation ) isnt going to want to go 2 years with very limited playing time. If he leaves I wouldnt blame him either. I know his dad stated he is all in when asked about if Lebby left or not but I doubt OU would get the same answer if DG returns.

Its a gamble either way. For the record Teddy said on radio yesterday he doesnt think DG will return because he doesnt think he can help his draft prospect. Right now he is projected at best at a late 3-4 round.

Good post 67 but I have a hunch if DG returns JA will transfer during the off season. A kid that talented ( rather it be true or just speculation ) isnt going to want to go 2 years with very limited playing time. If he leaves I wouldnt blame him either. I know his dad stated he is all in when asked about if Lebby left or not but I doubt OU would get the same answer if DG returns.

It’s a gamble either way. For the record Teddy said on radio yesterday he doesnt think DG will return because he doesnt think he can help his draft prospect. Right now he is projected at best at a late 3-4 round.
Totally agree. If Gabriel decides to return for another year all bets are off for Arnold coming back too. He would be nuts not to transfer to another school where he can begin his career. Next year will be Arnold’s time to show his talent. Hopefully he’ll be the starting Sooner quarterback and as good as everyone hopes.

That seems to be what Texas is doing with Manning, Ewers is expected to come back and Manning will sit one more year. Manning family has said they are willing to do that, wonder how the Arnold family feels about it.

That seems to be what Texas is doing with Manning, Ewers is expected to come back and Manning will sit one more year. Manning family has said they are willing to do that, wonder how the Arnold family feels about it.

Manning kinda reminds me of Chrissy Simms’ beginning at Texas. Simms had to deal with Applewhite similar to Manning dealing with Ewers. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

So Lebby take HC job and DG follows him for one more year. Would you consider that a win-win situation?

Why would they both go? Then we would get to see what the General can do. I can see the t-shirts now. "Cant wait to sack your Booty"

Last edited:
So if kstate and OU are tied who plays Texas? OSU is out of the picture with 3 losses. So is it the better win or the better loss that matters. Should reward teams for winning so you would think the better win.

What I've heard, is that with a win, we get in if OSU loses at home to BYU, or with a win, if both Texas and KState lose.

BYU is going to get rolled in Stillwater. The game against OU was their Super Bowl, and their fans, coaching staff and players put every ounce of emotion and energy into that game. They even brought out Marie Osmond to sing the national anthem.

Next week, it's going to be like when Oklahoma State played UCF, only in reverse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT