ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Littrell and Joe Jon Finley are co-offensive coordinators

So we got 2 TE coaches calling the plays, should see the TE used a lot more, just hope its not a lot of TE reverses. So much for finding a solid QB coach. Wonder if that means Emmet Jones is leaving, was hearing he was going to be Co-OC

All over social media its being called "Great Hires" but I aint hearing anything "Great" that they have done. Just for the record my record on hires since Stoops left, Riley taking over for Bob, hated it. Keeping Mike as DC with Riley, Hated it. Hiring Grinch lol. Brent V, didn't like it at first and jury still out. Lebby as OC, nope. Ted Roof, another lol. And now this with CO OC, nope. Brent has one chance at this and so far I give him a C. Next yr will be very telling about him as HC and his hires.
How am I doing so far?
Will take my answers off the air.

toys-nate.gif

Last edited:
All over social media its being called "Great Hires" but I aint hearing anything "Great" that they have done. Just for the record my record on hires since Stoops left, Riley taking over for Bob, hated it. Keeping Mike as DC with Riley, Hated it. Hiring Grinch lol. Brent V, didn't like it at first and jury still out. Lebby as OC, nope. Ted Roof, another lol. And now this with CO OC, nope. Brent has one chance at this and so far I give him a C. Next yr will be very telling about him as HC and his hires.
How am I doing so far?

toys-nate.gif

I’m with you, 67. Brent’s judgment is in question as long as Roof is on staff as far as I’m concerned.

I’m with you, 67. Brent’s judgment is in question as long as Roof is on staff as far as I’m concerned.
I agree about Roof but I will wait and see how our new OC do before throwing them to the sharks. Littrell has some history and many people think he has the tools to be a good OC. As for Finley I have no clue but like Littrell I will have that wait and see attitude.

I agree about Roof but I will wait and see how our new OC do before throwing them to the sharks. Littrell has some history and many people think he has the tools to be a good OC. As for Finley I have no clue but like Littrell I will have that wait and see attitude.
It only takes one stubborn hire to stink up a career. Brent was very critical of yet another poor defensive performance after last Saturday’s game so I am expecting him to make a change and replace Roof. If he doesn’t and we continue underperforming defensively that will tell me all need about Brent Venables. Think Riley-Grinch.

Last edited:
With what Venables has done in two years, I believe he knows what it takes to resurrect OU’s program. Littrell and Finley should be solid OC’s.
I believe Venables stepped into a tear down build up situation not in terms of talent level, but more about a football culture that was stagnant.
And it appears Arnold is staying regardless of Gabriel’s decision, at least from what Arnold said yesterday.
As for defense, I believe Venables is still trying to see what he has to work with, and next year we should see improvement even against an SEC schedule.

Last edited:
How am I doing so far?

toys-nate.gif
Then I guess Joe C needs to contact you before each hire. I'm sure you would have OU already in the a playoff spot if you would have done the hiring.

Reactions: Salt City Sooner
Hopefully Matt Wells stays on as an OA, he can help Littrell. BV needs to find the best offensive/qb minded coach to bring in as an analyst.

As of right now only one coach left, and one coach has been added, (Lebby out, Littrell in). Wells can not be brought on unless another coach leaves.

So in order to keep Emmett Jones from leaving does he become passing game coordinator, and to keep Bedenbaugh he become run game coordinator?

Littrell called one of the best trick plays in football, go back and watch the N. Texas and Arkansas game. That fake punt was genius.

Honestly, Great Hires or Bad Hires, we will not know for a couple of years. There have been many great hires, until they weren't. There have been many bad hires, until they weren't. I have confidence in BV and have so since the day he was announced as the New HC. I will continue to have confidence in BV until he gives me reason not to.

Honestly, Great Hires or Bad Hires, we will not know for a couple of years. There have been many great hires, until they weren't. There have been many bad hires, until they weren't. I have confidence in BV and have so since the day he was announced as the New HC. I will continue to have confidence in BV until he gives me reason not to.
Truly, I hope you’re right because all I want is what’s best for OU.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Truly, I hope you’re right because all I want is what’s best for OU.
I think we all do and all have an opinion about it and its ok to disagree. Doesn't matter what anyone really thinks about a hire, we don't really have a say in it. You just hope for the best and see what happens. All you can do. Its always the unknown that can worry you but thats just the way it is.

I think we all do and all have an opinion about it and its ok to disagree. Doesn't matter what anyone really thinks about a hire, we don't really have a say in it. You just hope for the best and see what happens. All you can do. Its always the unknown that can worry you but thats just the way it is.
Hoorah

Reactions: OUSOONER67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT