ADVERTISEMENT

Scouts re: OU players

BlackImpala

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
A. Harrison
“Not gifted athletically but he plays with balance and has enough movement. Guys that really know how to play, they’re going to make it and they last and they play well. The hand use, the punch, he’s patient, the vision. He does all that little stuff that you say, ‘Wow. This guy really knows how to play.’ Not elite with his feet and movement and athletic ability, but good enough in all those areas.”

“It might take him a year or two but the ceiling is very high for him. Maybe he hasn’t played up to his talent level but I would be optimistic he’ll get there. The character’s fine. The work ethic? Same. It’s certainly not ideal. I think he’s relied upon his athleticism and gotten away with that.”

“He’s not a consistent finisher and his technique can be a little inconsistent. But he’s got good feet and quick hands. Plays a little bit high sometimes.”

“Do you see the foot agility? Sure, but that is it. I thought he was just underdeveloped … ordinary. Is he a get-in-the-way pass protector? Yes, against lousy rushers in the Big 12. I think when he’s playing real bonafide NFL football he’s going to struggle big time if he’s put on that field this year. He’s a little bit undersized for tackle. He’s not powerful enough to play on the right side. I would be leery of him.”

Wonderlic 19

W. Morris
“He's an underachiever. We have concerns about his approach.”

“Bad body, doesn’t love football. But extra long arms and good enough feet to pass pro. He’ll make a team but I wouldn’t even think of it before the fourth or fifth round.”

“Just coming in as the No. 1 recruit in the country and all that was not a good thing for him. It prevented him from trying to get better and working as hard as he could. He got paid a whole bunch of money to go to Tennessee and then transferred because he wasn’t starting and wasn’t working hard enough. I think the light bulb’s gone on for him a little bit. He hasn’t performed anywhere near to how he came in as the top recruit but he is a talented player. There is risk to him. I think he’ll go mid-two to early three. It might take him a year to get on the field but if he wants to do it he’ll be a good player.”

Wonderlic 16

M. Mims
“Third-rounder, a No. 3 receiver. He’s a slot. More of a smooth guy. He’s not exceptionally quick or fast. Smooth and precise in his routes. Catches the ball well. Just more of a savvy guy.”

“He’s a solid backup. Might work his way in if you needed a slot. Great kid. Really good hands. Quick, and a good athlete. Maybe third round, but I like fourth better.”

“A quick guy. Fourth-round pick as a slot receiver. Liked his quickness, hands.”

Wonderlic 23

E. Gray
“Nice little player. This guy runs hard. Decisive one-cut guy. He maxes out all the talent that he has. Really good out of the backfield. Catches really well.”

“One of the best make-miss guys in the draft. Three-down guy.”

“I don’t know if there’s anything special about him other than maybe who he is, which is a high-level person. Just a good all-around player. He certainly will maximize everything he has.”

“Doesn’t have a tremendous amount of talent. He’s tough. Protects the ball. Not a home-run guy. Not a match-up issue as a receiver. He’s fourth round if you like him, fifth if you’re a realist. You’ll definitely hit the home run on his makeup.”

Wonderlic 23 (best of the top 15 RBs)

B. Willis
“He’s a physical kid. He tries to block. Elijah Higgins is a better athlete. Willis will fall off some blocks and he’s a little bit tight. He plays with more urgency than Higgins. He’s a better football player.”

J. Redmond
“He is a true 3-technique. A one-gap 3-tech for a 4-3. The true 4-3 teams are going to have use for him. Those guys are hard to find. Really quick off the ball. Got some power. Plays with good leverage. Can be a disruptive guy. He’s not elite but very solid and could end up being a starter in time.”

“Fourth-round type guy. He’s every bit as talented as Keeanu Benton but he’s inconsistent like Mazi Smith. I’d bet on him.”

M. Turk
“He has a very powerful leg. His A punt is as good or better than anybody’s but his C punt is as bad as anybody’s. There’s too many of those sprinkled in. He’s not as good directionally. He’s a gross motor skill punter that struggles with the directional, the finer points. He does hold. He’s married. I think he’s matured a lot.”

“He really has a strong leg. Good get-off. Fourth round.”

You're welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News