ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday (BBQ) Notes...(UPDATE: 7:36p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 7:36p - So this isn't exactly recruiting related but too funny not to relate.

Apparently new president James Gallogly, who has developed a reputation of a no-nonsense kind of guy, was out there in the middle of the balloon fight and apparently had a trashcan full of water dumped on him at one point.

I'm also told that the same nearly happened to Lincoln Riley but he was saved by Benny Wylie who, in the most Wylie-like fashion, TACKLED the trash can.

UPDATE: 6:51p -
So in an interesting turn of events, I'm hearing that counting on a commitment from Isaiah Rutherford is not something Oklahoma is going to be pushing for at this point in time.

"Safety is the focus," a source said.

As for the names you need to focus on at safety early on?

Jalen Catalon and Josh Sanguinetti were among the first I've heard but I can about guarantee that Oklahoma is going to chase some names that you all have heard and perhaps a few you haven't.

UPDATE: 6:47p -
2020 Rivals100 offensive tackle Turner Corcoran's team apparently won the scavenger hunt.

UPDATE: 6:45p -
Sounds like Caleb Kelly was set up with Kendrick Blackshire when they sat down to eat - also sounds like Kelly made a very, very strong impression. It's also worth noting Kelly's feelings toward Oklahoma compared to what Blackshire was told about Texas by Malik Jefferson not too long ago.

UPDATE: 5:11p -
I'm told that the group is currently doing a scavenger hunt and surprisingly I'm told that everyone is quite enjoying themselves.

UPDATE: 4:46p -
I don't have it definitely but I'm getting a very, very strong impression that Jeffery Carter is about to announce to Texas A&M in about 15 minutes.

I've got no idea what to make of all of this yet - was it all a troll? I really don't think so but as Scoop referenced, it can't be ruled out.

ORIGINAL:
OK guys, I'll be updating stuff in here as we go through the day, this early on...it's not great news (it'll get better as the day goes on so make sure and relax a bit).

*First off, Rivals250 linebacker Marcel Brooks did not end up making it up to campus. I had heard some crazy rumors through the week in regard to people talking about him flipping, etc., but with all that has gone on with him through the last year, it's tough to take any of it too seriously. In the end, he didn't make it up but perhaps the Sooners are changing their stance on him a bit - it's already changed 2-3 times over the past 6-7 months.

*Secondly, as we all now know Jeffery Carter didn't make it in and as per yesterday's Scoop I had the same question many of you did, does that mean that Isaiah Rutherford is now going to take his spot with his decision expected very soon?

"Not just yet," was the response of one source.

It's pretty clear that Carter is preferred though I think that the gap is small so the reality of that is something of an exploding offer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News