ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT: Emmett Jones hired as Sooners WR coach ...

Eddie_Rado

Sooner starter
Staff
Jan 30, 2011
Seen it reported by both Matt Zenitz and Football Scoop. But as @Josh_M insinuated in the Monday Notes .... Emmett Jones set to be the next WR coach at Oklahoma.

I would imagine the next move is locking in two more WRs from the transfer portal. Andrel Anthony and one more ... maybe keep an eye on Oklahoma State's Bryson Green. Tyrone Broden out there obviously as well.

Feels like this is an extremely good hire in terms of DFW connections, etc. I remember he was loved by just about everybody during his time in Lawrence.

This stuck out to me ... from when he was serving as the interim head coach at Kansas following the firing of Les Miles:

"Senior quarterback Miles Kendrick shared his thoughts on how Jones successfully navigated the situation, impressing the QB and his teammates in the process.

“You see his focus and his passion each and every day. And the next day you expect that maybe Coach Jones is going to change his message, maybe he’s going to change his passion or his attitude — no. He’s consistent. He’s consistent every day, throughout the adversity, throughout all these challenges that we’ve been through,” Kendrick said. “I think that’s what he wants us to do as a team, to stay together and stay consistent on our mission of getting better every day.”"

Sound familiar ??? ... (Hint: see everything any of the players said about the coaches on the current staff)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News