ADVERTISEMENT

Report Card: Iowa State

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OFFENSE:
QB: Baker Mayfield - 82 - Thought he missed some open looks but (largely) took what ISU gave him.
RB: Abdul Adams - 79 - Just didn't play a lot, was playing well before he went out.
HB: Dimitri Flowers - 94 - Man, can't fault this guy for what happened.
TE: Mark Andrews - 87 - Thought he was very good in passing game, didn't see him blocking much.
WR: Cedarian Lamb - 86 - Was playing very well before the injury.
WR: Jeff Badet - 77 - Was just ok, and that 'drop' was bizarre.
LT: Orlando Brown - 82 - Thought he looked asleep quite a bit today.
LG: Cody Ford - 83 - Thought he was solid, not great.
C: Erick Wren - 87 - Thought he did a really nice job up the middle - where OU found a lot of joy.
RG: Ben Powers - 88 - Another strong performance from Powers.
RT: Bobby Evans - 91 - Thought most of Oklahoma's big

Offensive Average: 85.1 (936)

DE: D.J. Ward - 55 - Yet again, he never once caught my eye.
DT: Marquise Overton - 86 - Oklahoma's run D was solid and he was a good part of it.
DT: Neville Gallimore - 74 - Didn't notice him much at all, had a few moments.
JACK/DE: Obo Okoronkwo - 84 - Iowa State did a great job neutralizing him.
LB: Kenneth Murray - 55 - PF was a bad call but otherwise he didn't do a lot that caught the eye.
LB: Caleb Kelly - 68 - Thought he had a few good moments but too few and far between.
LB: Emmanuel Beal - 50 - Looked like the guy from 2016, stuck to blocks all day.
CB: Jordan Thomas - 10 - Awful, just awful. Even if the first PI was bad.
CB: Parnell Motley - 89 - Lazard's silence in the first half wasn't an accident.
S: Will Johnson - 73 - Can't say that I noticed him much. Did lead the team in tackles though.
S: Steven Parker - 60 - Saw a gaggle of missed tackles before the injury.

Defensive Average: 64 (704)

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Austin Seibert - 70 - KOs were very good but again when will OU recognize that the guy won't make a tough kick he just WILL NOT? Miss is as much on staff as Seibert.
P: Austin Seibert - 72 - Didn't have to punt much, wasn't special when he did.
KR: Jeff Badet - N/A -
PR: Jeff Badet - N/A

Special Teams Average: 71 (142)

RB: Trey Sermon - 91 - The guy played like an absolute bull.
DE: Kenneth Mann - 83 - What does this guy have to do to get some more snaps, score would have been higher with more.
DT: Du'Vonta Lampkin - 87 - Dude was outstanding in his limited snaps.
WR: Marquise Brown - 40 - Guy couldn't make any plays all day. OU needs him to step up.

Reserves Average: 75.3 (301)

Team Average: 74.6 (2090)

My Team Grade: 60

Defense that bad and I'm sure Oklahoma could find a way to make a bowl game in some conferences but they'll get run out of the stadium week in and week out with tackling that bad. Add in a passive scheme that gave a green quarterback plenty of time to look at things and make his decision and you've got a team ripe for the picking.

The offense was solid, not spectacular but most days that should have been more than enough to win with the fumble their lone true unforgivable sin.

Honestly, I lowered my defensive scores a few times and still feel that average score is way too high but it's some errors that I had trouble seeing in real time. MMI-Almost will shed some more light.

Scoring Standard:

100-86: Playoff Contender
85-78: Big 12 Title Contender
77-70: Bowl Game Participant
69-0: 'I'll be hoooome for Christmas

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News