ADVERTISEMENT

Reggie Grimes talks dysfunction

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
Guys, I'm gonna be splicing in stuff like crazy next 4-5 days. There was soooo much from Tuesday, and I'm only beginning to transcribe the first like 1/10 of it lol. But as promised on the pod, here is that answer from Reggie Grimes. Like I have a lot of goodies from Bedenbaugh that I just glossed over (idiot), so you're gonna be bombarded all through the week/weekend :)

FZK_XAeWQAEyciY

Reggie Grimes

Can you feel dysfunction in the moment? Or was it only through looking back where you realize something was just off about 2021?

“It definitely wasn’t until afterwards. While we were going through it, this is all I knew. I wasn’t a transfer, didn't transfer in. This is the only college experience I’ve had. Going through it, OK, alright, I guess that’s just how college ball is.

“Then you have Coach Venables and his crew and they come in. And you have guys who make mistakes just on the field. It’s very clear, like, whoa, OK. Normally, you’re getting chewed out. He would be getting his head ripped off, getting undressed. But here Chavis is like, ‘hey, man, I see what you were trying to do. But do this instead.’

“We weren’t expecting that. We were all waiting for the other foot to drop. Is he going to snap? But it never did. Once we realized that and got to know him a little bit more – because I was being recruited by Clemson. I wanted to go to Clemson. Didn’t work out and all that stuff. I wanted to play for Coach Venables.

“I already knew Coach Bates because he played college football with my dad. I’ve known Coach Bates for a little while. You get to know him and know him more. You get to know Coach Chavis a little more. You get to know Coach Venables a little more. You get to know the staff they put together. These are guys who know what it looks like, and they’re a family.

“If they’re a family, why can’t we be a family? We started to get together on our own. Going over plays, yea, but just going out and hanging around each other. After everything that happened, we realized what it actually looks like, and then we all grew.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News