ADVERTISEMENT

Red-White Notes (UPDATE: SUN 5:05p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 5:05p - Having been around him a few times and covering him at a few events, it's safe to say that 2025 cornerback offer Deyjhon Pettaway is a guy who watches a lot and doesn't say a ton.

But he doesn't miss much either, which was embodied when I asked him what stood out about his trip and he offered something I've not heard another guy discuss.

"Everything went well," Pettaway said. "(I was impressed) they had so many alumni and that was great to see them all come together on the field."

UPDATE: 4:22p - Just a quick, and not nearly as fun, note but Rivals100 2025 safety Jonah Williams of Galveston (Texas) Ball saw his ride to Norman fall through and he was unable to make it.

UPDATE: 4:18p - A player making his first trip to Norman this weekend was Honey Grove, Texas 2026 running back Ryelan Morris who has made it clear he'll be back in Norman as soon as possible.

"OU was amazing! The fan energy and the family they have there is incomparable. I definitely enjoyed myself and I am definitely looking forward to watching an actual game," Morris said.

And what were his thoughts on his first trip to Norman?

"To be honest, it blew me away."

UPDATE: SUN 9:43a - So I spoke a bit more with 'JJ Frankie JJ' this morning (Jonah-Ajonye to the proletariat) and asked him one simple question that I wanted to relay to you all.

"So did you speak with David Stone and Nigel Smith about the possibility of you all playing together at Oklahoma?"

"Yes," Jonah-Ajonye admitted. "We would be the most dominant defensive line in the country if we all committed to OU."

So...there's that.

ORIGINAL: Alright so as you all know I've already put in a forecast for Conroe (Texas) Oak Ridge Rivals250 defensive end Joseph Jonah-Ajonye.

In speaking to him a bit tonight it's pretty clear the Sooners are hitting all of the right notes with the nation's No. 221-overall player according to Rivals.

"(It went) great," Jonah-Ajonye said. "This (visit) was really fun.

"I missed OU."

I don't think he's going to go public any time soon or anything but I do think Oklahoma has the lead and it's growing.

**Speaking of Oklahoma having a lead, one player who came out and said as much is Junction City, Kan. three-star athlete Michael Boganowski.

Boganowski made his second trip to Norman in as many months, so what has caught his eye about the Sooners?

"The fans and the relationships I've built are hard to beat," Boganowski said.

That sounds like a guy who has the Sooners pushing ahead?

"They are the team to beat as of now for sure," he said.

So what's the plan for Boganowski going forward?

"Gonna lock in a few officials then hopefully come to a decision soon after," he said.

With all that has happened, I'm putting in a new forecast for Boganowski.

***A guy who was still getting the most out of his trip to Norman was Lewisville, Texas Rivals250 offensive tackle Michael Fasusi.

"It's been really good," Fasusi said of the visit on Saturday night. "I'm actually chilling with the players right now.

"I'm loving it here."

Fasusi is a guy that has made a few trips to Norman and I think the Sooners are making a very real move in his recruitment.

****Sticking in the state of Kansas, how about Derby, Kan. tight end offer DaSaahn Brame. The 6-foot-6, 225-pound prospect has an eye on Oklahoma ealry on and admitted that he had a good time today even with the offense getting off to a slow start.

"It was great! When (the) offense started to figure it out," Brame said.

One of the more interesting stories was him getting to spend some time around fellow 2025 offer, quarterback commitment Kevin Sperry.

"I talked to most of the coaches and got to chop it up with Kevin," he said of their first in-person meeting. "He was cool, he wasn't pressuring too much.

******Speaking of receivers who are building a bond with Sperry, how about Ennis, Texas Rivals100 pass catcher Gracen Harris.

"It was good today," Harris said. "Kevin was giving me the full pitch, he is cool."

Of course I'll have more in the morning.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News