ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting To-Do List (In my uneducated opinion)

SoonerSchooner918

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2021
I think these are the priorities for the next nine days for Venables and staff as far as recruiting goes for the class of 2022:

1) Retain what you have in the class now.

There is quite a bit of talent still, and this is an excellent base to build upon.

2) Make a splash in Texas.

I think they have to put the full-court press on Kam Dewberry and Devon Campbell and get at least 1 of those guys if not both. (OL could be a big need)
They have to get Omari Abor and Neto Umeozulu. OU was the favorite for Abor at one point and Umeozulu has a great frame.
They have to get Zach Evans to transfer to OU and not a Texas school. If I remember right, he was committed to OU or about to commit at one point. (Potentially losing Brooks and Gray wasn't spectacular. Could be a good fit)

I think they have to flip Evan Stewart or Caleb Burton. Both had some interest in OU, Burton visited twice and both were recruited by Jeff Lebby. (They obviously need to go get some help at WR)

3) I think they need to prioritize winning Oklahoma every year.

Gentry Williams and Jacob Sexton are a great point and you could argue that with those two they have won Oklahoma. But I think they have to go after Chris McClellan hard too and I think they can get him.
I think they need to go get Desean Brown and/or Cade McConnell as well.

Edit:
4) Go Get Derrick Moore back.

We need depth on the DL if Venable is going to have 4 hands down.

5) Get two of Azareyeh Thomas, Malik Agbo, Zion Branch, and Javontae Barnes.

I would think Thomas might be a hard sell as Manning was his primary recruiter, but Agbo and Barnes seem like real possibilities.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News