ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting/Portal/General Comments

ou7time

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
May 4, 2023
1) Are we (OU) not landing top tier transfer talent in the transfer portal because we just don't want to pay the money and think we can get by with lesser talent to fill our needs?
2) Where did Missouri suddenly come up with all of this cash that they are now throwing at recruits and transfers? It's getting old losing players to MU (it sounds like McClellan may be off to the highest bidder Missouri as well. The NIL is the best thing that could have happened to a school like Missouri who, before NIL, would have never gotten some of the players they are getting. Now they are getting a good number of them.
3) Not sure why anyone would sign and/or transfer to Texas A&M right now. That football program is in disarray. Maybe the new coach will turn it around.

Unfortunately, we are in the day and age of whomever wants to buy the best team will likely be in the hunt for championships.

Basically blue blood status kinda loses its luster and matters less. Kids no longer care whether you're one of the top all time college football programs. It's all about the bag now. If we're not willing to pay with the big boys we are going to get left behind.

I've trusted in the BV hire from day one and I continue to be excited about what he is building and I will continue to trust in BV. I love what he stands for on and off the field. He and the administration just might have to make the decision to open the checkbook more.

I can't imagine how the money that is being thrown out there for some of these players is sustainable in the long run. I just hope it doesn't ruin college football.

Final thought...Had to move from my seats for the last 20+ years to make room for the students with the new SEC requirements. Decided to upgrade with the move to the SEC. Can't wait for the season to start!

Reactions: Smharri3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News