ADVERTISEMENT

Quoteboard (WVU week)

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
For the five (?) people still reading this weekly, thx and here ya go :)

DaShaun White
Return of Bowman?

He’s been big, real big. He’s a guy who is going to bring a lot of plays to the field. He’s going to make a lot of plays. He’s going to be in the right position. He’s going to talk. He’s going to anticipate. I know me and him on the same field, it was nice to get him back.

Alignment issues in Week 10?
That’s on the players 100%, starting with me. I know I had quite a few misalignments. It’s something we’ve been given time after time. We just have to get it down and slow things down in our head. However we get that done, person by person, it’s what you have to do to get it done.

Stopping the run?
You don’t get lined up, you don’t know where to put your eyes, you don’t know where to fit. That sort of deal. One really big thing is we have to communicate to each other a lot better. That’s been something that today we tried to take up a notch.

Clock ticking on OU career?
No doubt. You keep hearing from the coaches that time is ticking. We sit in the meeting room and it has the amount of days of practice left. We are like ‘dang.’ There’s 18-19 days of practice left. It settles on you. I’ve just tried to be present all year long. It’s not something I’m worried about. I’m just trying to remain present in all the moments.

Brayden Willis
Mistakes & finishing?

No, it’s just being able to finish. We just realized some points where we’ve got to finish. I think that the biggest thing, just going back and looking at the film and looking at all the mistakes that we made and just saying, ‘Oh man, we could have finished better.’ But that’s in the past. That’s last week. Now we can take that to hopefully out to West Virginia.

Age separation on roster?
Yeah, a little bit. But not so much of the age thing. It was just the turnover. It was the turnover. There’ s a lot of people that departed, and it’s just a weird roster makeup, to say the least. But our guys do a great job of responding, they do a great job of staying together. So with that type of resolve we have on the team, we’ll learn from it and we’ll carry it on to next week.

CJ Coldon
Ready to go to WVU?

I haven’t heard too much besides it’s in kind of the middle of nowhere. When I think about West Virginia, I think about a lot of trees, a lot of woods and like, the raccoon hat. I think about that, but I’ve been one time and it was traveling through, just going to Florida to, I think, AAU nationals. I used to play basketball when I was little so that’s the only time I’ve been in West Virginia.

Communication in the secondary?
It’s been good, first of all, but we just have to be better overall. As a secondary, we have to community. Everybody has to communicate on the defense in order for us to be successful out there on the field. We’ve just got to communicate and that sets us up to be in the right spots.

How does the complexity of this defense compare to Wyoming’s defense?
It is very difficult. I was in the system for five years, four years already, so coming here and not having a spring ball, it’s very difficult to learn and super complex. So definitely got to put the extra time in and just be tired watching it every day.

What can you learn from the pass interference you had Saturday?
I panicked. I knew that right then and there. I just panicked from the game plan. I thought it was gonna be something different, and you can’t guess out there. So definitely a good learning experience. A bad play by me, but it’s something you can learn from and get better from.

Isaiah Coe
Cast on hand?

“It’s definitely something that I did not expect to happen, but I’m used to it. I had the same kind of injury in high school my senior year, so I definitely have experience playing with it, but it’s still a cast at the end of the day. First game, I’m just glad the first game’s out and (I’m more used to it). It definitely was something that I had to adjust to.”

Facemask penalty?
“Man, I felt bad. I felt bad as soon as it happened. Especially because the way the play was set up, obviously that wasn’t my intention to get a penalty, but I wasn’t just trying to let him keep blocking me. Especially since the play was over, that was probably the main thing that I tried to stop them, like the play was over. I just was like: okay, the play is over, I’m not trying to him dump me to the ground and finish me. That’s when I was really on the sense of like let me just try to grab something so he can let me go and the play would just be over, but I ended up grabbing his face mask and we all know what happened. It was definitely not my intentions at all, 100%, but you’ve got to live with what we do. Coach Irv, Coach V saw it, he knew what I was trying to do. In the moment obviously he’s mad, but we had a team meeting and all that and he addressed it. He understood what was happening in the situation so he was just trying to tell me to be more disciplined and be smarter in that situation.”

Staying positive?
“It’s definitely frustrating, but that’s what comes with being at Oklahoma. We understand the magnitude of where we’re at. We understand that we have an uphill, we see around this building all the banners, the 50 conference championships, the seven natty’s, so we understand what we have to live up to. We don’t back down from the pressure. We understand that when we rise up we’re gonna be just fine. We’ve just got to live and get up the next day and try to get better each and every day. Not try to do too much, but not try to do too little.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News