ADVERTISEMENT

Quoteboard (Bedlam week)

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
It's still Bedlam.

Dillon Gabriel
OSU challenges?

They’re just talented. Very aggressive. They play really well on defense. They've had their ups and downs for sure, but they’re really talented and they’re very aggressive.

Send seniors off right note?
Yeah, just send the seniors out on a high note, and shoot, just winning this game. Every game’s important and it’s hard to win. But you’ve gotta be motivated every day. And I know things haven’t gone our way. But every Monday you’ve got to come and know there’s opportunity this Saturday. And it is coming to an end. So putting all our energies forward in that.

First OU rivalry game?
Yeah, just not playing in any game is not a great feeling. But like I said, I’m grateful for this opportunity. It’s another game, but shoot, it’s Bedlam. It’s fun. There’s history behind this. I know all the guys are excited, regardless of what’s happened so far. But we can’t control that. We gotta focus on this week, and we got a fun one coming up.

Thought about possibility of being last home game here?
Yeah, shoot. Just focusing on the now, the present. That’s all I can do. At times, people focus on the future or the past, and that affects their present. So just trying to stay present as much as possible, and also just play my butt off and finish the right way.

Eric Gray
Finish?

That’s what us leaders have come together and said. We have to finish strong for the young guys. We have to show these guys how to persevere no matter what and to gain that momentum going into next year or the bowl game. To have that so they can say because – they’re going to face it again – when the seniors were here, they did a tremendous job of showing us what to do so we could lead for the next group.

Bowl eligible?
I just remember when I was a young guy. I know how important the bowl game is, not only for camaraderie, for having a good time. You get to spend five, six days at a different place. You’re practicing at a different place, a change of scenery. Bowl games are great for the young guys and the old guys to build camaraderie and the momentum for next year. Another game under your belt to finish strong.

Last home game (potentially)?
It’s very important. Being at The Palace, The Palace has been a special place to me. And I’ve only been here for two years. Playing two seasons here, The Palace has been a special place. Just the rich tradition of The Palace. Being the last one in there, makes it very special.

Senior day?
Most definitely. I’ll be going through senior day. My whole family will be here. They travel to every game.

On-record about it being last home game?
I have no comment on that right now.

Woodi Washington
Is this going to be senior day for you?

Yes. For sure. I'm definitely walking on Senior Night, but that doesn't mean my plans aren't to come back to school. We just have to see how it goes.

How cool has it been to see CJ Coldon's role grow?
I think it's great for CJ. He's a transfer guy who came in the summer for us. At first, he wasn't getting a lot of reps. Then he ended up getting hurt, hurt his knee a little bit. But now he's back in the fire and he's doing a great job for us.

How much have you taken pride in stepping up for a depleted secondary?

I'm really just voicing my opinion more. At first, I wasn't a very vocal guy. But I'm just trying to talk more and stay locked in on the sideline. When things go bad, I'm speaking out and trying to make sure we're good.

Drake Stoops
Senior day?

"Definitely very important. It means the world for me. I'm definitely excited for that honor. I'll be going through the festivities."

Bedlam memories?
"Bedlam's crazy. I remember growing up watching it. Getting to go to a few. It's always this time of year. Freezing weather. Fans going crazy. But to play in a few has been a blessing and being on the right side of it couple of times. Last year that got us. It's definitely been a rivalry I'll remember. It was very similar to OU-Texas. Maybe not the same magnitude. But it's the in-state rivalry. So it's a big deal to a lot of people. I know it's a big deal to me and a big deal to this team. So we're gonna put our best foot forward."

Favorite?
"Maybe the one there wherever Blake Bell threw the touchdown pass to Jalen Saunders. That one or the one here with overtime when Brennan Clay broke a couple of tackles to score and win the game. That one was pretty cool for sure. Those two are my favorites."

Jovantae Barnes
Learning from EG?

It’s been like — just watching somebody be great at what he does. It’s like many people said. He’s been a pro since he’s been here. Just coming in and him guiding me under his wing, him and Marcus Major, it was a big transition from high school to college and I came in January so I had to make it fast. And he just did a great job of staying on me and making sure we had extra film about three times a day. And just making sure everything I messed up on he fixed it. Not only in film but also in practice. We’d go outside 15 minutes before practice and he’d just help me with things like that. So he’s been a big help and a great big brother.

Recovery process?
I feel great. I’m just glad to be back. I kept my head down and kept working. It was no negative emotion in my body. I just kept a smile on my face and kept going because I’m just happy to be here and blessed to be in the position I’m in. So I just kept a smile on my face and kept working until I was 100 percent again.

Older dudes message about Bedlam?
It’s been a big motivation toward everybody. This is a huge game. Its Oklahoma State versus Oklahoma. It speaks for itself. It’s just going into it, there’s no jokes. Everybody’s going into it pretty serious with a good attitude and just keeping positive body language again because obviously we came from West Virginia. It didn’t go how we expected but it’s just on to the next and everybody’s doing a great job of just keeping the mindset and just focusing on the next game and not focusing on the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News