ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Peyton Bowen update (3pm UPDATE)

Nick Harris

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2022
What's up, everybody!

As we know, Notre Dame went in-home with five-star safety Peyton Bowen on Thursday night, and the latest coming out of the visit still has me expecting a flip in this recruitment away from the Irish. However, I see Oregon as a bigger threat to Oklahoma to sign Bowen next Wednesday than Notre Dame.

The Ducks are coming on strong in these final days, and it could manifest into an official visit this weekend. If that visit happens, that could begin to spell trouble for Oklahoma who would have its in-home visit with Brent Venables, which is currently planned for Saturday afternoon, thwarted away and prevented from happening at all with the visit period wrapping up this weekend. Alongside that, Oregon would have the final impression before Dec. 21.

That's the battle happening today between both schools, and Bowen's decision on what he ends up doing in these next 48 hours could lay the foundation for our expectations going into next week. As I have it right now, I still like Oklahoma here but the gap is very quickly closing. Just talked to Josh and we'll have more for you guys as we learn more throughout the day.

EDIT 3pm: Just talked to a trusted source on this recruitment. Quote: "I don't expect Bowen to be going anywhere this weekend." I asked an additonal source for confirmation and I was told that he will not be leaving Denton. Additionally, I'm growing my confidence back into the Sooners after some conversations in the Bowen household today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News