Eddie_Rado

Sooner starter
Staff
Jan 30, 2011
* Starting rotation:

Game 1, Saturday: Jake Bennett
Game 2, Sunday: Cade Horton
Game 3, Monday (if necessary): To be announced

* Ole Miss head coach Mike Bianco will not name a starter but Hunter Elliott is in the room today on the podium. Need to look it up but he’s logged quite a few innings over the last few weeks. He says he’ll stretch his arm out today but wants the ball tomorrow or Sunday.

* Pretty cool for a lot of these guys that are super seniors making it to Omaha, finally.

* There’s many similarities between the two teams. Both squads went through ups and downs of a season. Hell, Bianco was basically fired for a few weeks.

* I’m going to include this in a notebook today but I do find this to be interesting heading into this weekend. OU starting pitching has obviously been great but what if they do need to break into the bullpen early?

Chazz Martinez hasn’t pitched in two weeks. Same with Carter Campbell, Carson Atwood and Ben Abram.

Is there concern for rust having not pitched in a game?

I asked Skip about that. And that’s a tease.

* How much will Oklahoma run on Ole Miss? Mike Bianco noted he doesn’t think they’ve played a team with this much speed all season.

“I don’t think we’ve faced a team with someone with over 20 stolen bases except Vandy. (Oklahoma) have three that have over 20, and three more that have double digits, over 70 homers, hitting .300 as a team, they bunt well.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News