ADVERTISEMENT

Quick-hit media viewing notes (Week 2)

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
As I said last week, I'd spend the majority of the time with the defense. And that I did.

General
*First, Aaryn Parks was at practice but not going through drills. Same with Gentry Williams. Participating in ways they can until it came time for contact, etc. Good to see Gentry in any capacity, obviously. We did not see Peyton Bowen at practice. No idea, but he wasn't there with the safeties, Cheetahs, etc.

DL
*You just see something different in the lower body of guys like Rondell Bothroyd and Trace Ford. OU didn't have that guy on the roster last year, point blank. Ford moving well, too, from what we got to see. I was impressed with Davon Sears, too, physically. He's right there with Isaiah Coe and Jordan Kelley. You can see PJ Adebawore still thinking his way through things. Grimes and Downs were the first through reps, fwiw.

LBs
*Still Stutsman running the show, then Jaren Kanak. You've got Dasan McCullough and Justin Harrington at your Cheetah spot. And I feel like Kobie McKinzie has taken over from Kip Lewis, but that might be a too quick judgment based on the work Kobie has done on his body. Phil Picciotti looks solid, too, for his first practices.

DBs
*Was hoping to watch Bowen but oh well. Still very impressed with Jasiah Wagoner and Makari Vickers. I wanna see how that battle between Key Lawrence and Reggie Pearson goes. Looks like they're pushing each other there. Woodi Washington and Billy Bowman just move different because they know exactly what is being asked of them and what they need to do. Same with Jaden Davis.

Special teams
*Your punt returners? Drake Stoops, Jalil Farooq, Andrel Anthony, LV Bunkley-Shelton, Gavin Freeman.

I happen to just be in the right spot at the right time for BV and James Skalski just go nuts about the sled drill. They were next-level fired up. Actually trimmed the tweet video bc there was some language there initially, ha. I think BV is really gonna love having Skalski there.

In the right spot there... but in the wrong spot for the W Drill. Eddie was there and got all the video. What my limited vantage point could show was Danny Stutsman being the dude OU needs him to be.

Tweets and I'm out of here. Post-practice around 7. Brandon Hall, Joe Jon Finley and some players TBD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News