ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Soonerscoop.com Recuiting Report

iasooner2000

Sooner starter
Sep 12, 2011
On YouTube if you’re streaming there is very interesting content regarding spring activity, scheduling and new acquisitions to the roster. BOOMER !

One very interesting thing is that the season opener has been moved back a day to Friday night, August 30 against Temple. The SEC made an offer, apparently saying that otherwise, it would likely be an 11 a.m. game. This will give the players and everyone in attendance, a break from the likely hot temps on Saturday during the day.

They gave OU a month to decide, and hopefully, the folks at Temple too.

So OU fans will have to deal with taking Friday off if they live more than 90 minutes away. Good news, is that it will be on ESPN, the original. Promises, promises.

In late August, this should have been a no-brainer to play the game at night - the lessened heat effects on fans and players alike will be welcome. Also, I think it will be interesting to see Owen Field on a Friday night. Back in the day, Norman High was the only team that played there on a Friday evening!

Reactions: iasooner2000
Well that's true. If I had a relative playing, I'd go to the high school game and DVR the OU game or just watch it the next day on YouTube. One game per season on a Friday night really isn't too bad.
Not if they're season ticket holders. That's one of the reasons I HATE these tv networks determining the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT