ADVERTISEMENT

Part of College Football

NTheWater

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
May 2, 2023
Melbourne, Florida
Probably posting this more for me….

Had a bad feeling about this game since the UT game. Figured this was the game on our calendar most likely to trip us up. The UCF showed me this is not a national championship team…. YET. And we still had plenty to work and improve upon.

Bad match up for OU. Kansas was highly motivated (like us against UT) for this game. This game was viewed as a program game changer for them (it isn’t) and their biggest home game all year by miles. So they were able to bring huge energy into the game. It matters!

I also think it is important to remember, Kansas had a bye week to prepare.

Last…. And this may be just me…. Cold, dreary, rainy days…. Don’t bring out the best in me. OU started the game like I felt. Rather be back in bed with my blanket and a cup coffee. Keep in mind DG grew up in Hawaii and played in Florida for two years before coming to OU.

Now with that said. The Defense made some critical turnovers near the end of the game and seemed to be fighting hard. Not saying there were not plenty of mistakes…. There were… Offense…. I don’t know. With the exception of Walker up the middle, nothing else was working. I kept thinking during the game, man the receivers are not getting open consistently and our speed to the sidelines seems to be getting nullified. I am NOT a huge fan of Jeff Lenny’s offense in general, but that is not what we saw today. I don’t know what that was. Felt like an OC searching for something…. I don’t know the X and O’s well enough to fully understand what went wrong. But it did seem their Dline was in our backfield an awful lot. I will say this. Did we every throw a ball more then 15-20 yards downfield?

My gut tells me this lose is more on the coaches than the players. Hopefully they grow from these experience as well. I still believe in this staff and that we are headed in the right direction. But can someone please give them a quick 101 on game management at the end of games 😀

I choose to focus on the season and the YoY growth. Sucks to lose…. BUT this happens most weeks in college football. Anyone watch Stanford take Washington to the breaking point? Just part of college football. Keep your chin up and let the players and coaches do what they do. Learn from it and try to come out better and stronger next week.

Now lose to OSU next week 😱

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News