ADVERTISEMENT

OT: When Did You Catch Recruitnikitis?

SoonerNAnchortown

Sooner signee
May 4, 2005
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I am nothing if not self aware. Spending the amount of time that I do on this site in general and in the TPT2 specifically just reinforces what I have known for decades…I am a junky! As far back as I can remember, I would read about incoming signees with hope and excitement in the Daily Oklahoman but it was only reading about the race after it was run.

It probably wasn’t until Dewell Brewer and Cale Grundy that I was actively paying attention to what little news was available regarding their recruitment. Being a little younger than those guys and an Oklahoma kid, there was always the HS gossip about someone’s uncle knowing something etc. and thus began my longing for HS kids to pledge to join my beloved Sooners in the quest for titles.

I can’t believe how much things have changed from the Parade All American inserts and early recruiting mags to what we have today. Crazy! Sadly, all the additional info and gossip has only worsened my condition. Oh well, I found a woman that loves me in spite of my sickness so I’ll just own it.

When did you get hooked?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News