ADVERTISEMENT

OT...What are we doing tomorrow?

Soonersincefitty

Sooner starter
Oct 16, 2004
Gun Barrel, Texas...via Claremore, earth
I thought we'd do this Seinfeld style, you know 'a show about nothing'.

Like, for example, I was going to post:

Tommorow I'll rise about 9, make some coffee and breakfast...
Get a haircut around noon, then come back and read a book while laying in the hammock.
Cold beer at hand in the cooler.

See, right there, that's a show. :)

Reactions: Section22Sooner
I thought we'd do this Seinfeld style, you know 'a show about nothing'.

Like, for example, I was going to post:

Tommorow I'll rise about 9, make some coffee and breakfast...
Get a haircut around noon, then come back and read a book while laying in the hammock.
Cold beer at hand in the cooler.

See, right there, that's a show. :)

I have to go buy another TV. These flat screen TV's are garbage. They last about three years max.

This is what I would like to do.

tumblr_nnxov46DwF1tmebu5o1_1280.jpg

My Samsung 46" is 7 years old. I paid a fortune for it back then, but it still works great. Sometimes I wish it would crater so that I can go out and get a new one, but K2C has me a bit concerned now.

I guess I just have bad luck. I had a 48" Sony with a three year warranty. It went out one day before my contract expired. Glad I called because I got a brand new 46" as a replacement. This one, not so lucky. It went out one month after my three year warranty expired.

And yankee, get out of bed and get to that stream. You're a young guy, don't let life pass you by.......

Well to be honest with all the rains the creek is still flowing a tad too much. Another week or so it should be fine as long as we don't receive more rain. S22s I bought mine for around $900.00 I believe then paid for the warranty. What does a 50 inch Samsung go for now, $600?

Reactions: BillyRay
S22s I bought mine for around $900.00 I believe then paid for the warranty. What does a 50 inch Samsung go for now, $600?

My 46" Samsung LCD from 2007 (8 years ago in September) cost $2200 without tax. A comparable 48" LED model today (with Smart TV brains) is, as you said, about $600.

I purchased it at the late great Circuit City. That was the going price for that model then.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VHK2w0TCPmU/p_305LNT4661/Samsung-LN-T4661F.html
Plasmas were about $1000 cheaper. I wanted an LCD because I heard that the plasma screens "burned in" and I wanted 1080p. I know lots of people who owned plasma and never heard of any problems. The LED models were just arriving in 2007 and they were super high-dollar.... like $3K to $4K for a mid-sized screen like the 46".

Last edited:
I guess I just have bad luck. I had a 48" Sony with a three year warranty. It went out one day before my contract expired. Glad I called because I got a brand new 46" as a replacement. This one, not so lucky. It went out one month after my three year warranty expired.

And yankee, get out of bed and get to that stream. You're a young guy, don't let life pass you by.......

K2C, I had the same thing happen with my TV (went out right after the warranty period). I googled the type of problem that I was having (power seeming to turn on but the screen is dark) and found out that it was typical for the model to have the power unit in the TV go out. I went on Ebay, found one, inserted it and it's still alive and well after several more years. 30 dollar fix that would have cost a fortune to replace.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
K2C, I had the same thing happen with my TV (went out right after the warranty period). I googled the type of problem that I was having (power seeming to turn on but the screen is dark) and found out that it was typical for the model to have the power unit in the TV go out. I went on Ebay, found one, inserted it and it's still alive and well after several more years. 30 dollar fix that would have cost a fortune to replace.

Thanks, I'll try that solution before I dump it. I got a 43" today at Best Buy for 319.00 with tax. Man these things have come down...........

I can't believe they actually caught the guy. I thought he'd disappear forever because the locals in the small towns love him. He'll be extradited to the USA this time, so the gig is up for Chapo. That was a big time catch.

I can't believe they actually caught the guy. I thought he'd disappear forever because the locals in the small towns love him. He'll be extradited to the USA this time, so the gig is up for Chapo. That was a big time catch.
Ya I really didn't see them catching him a 3rd time. With the money he has, and the fact a big portion of Mexico idolizes and loves the guy, I thought he was a goner.
Are they for sure sending him to the US this time?? I didn't read that anywhere.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
I would not be surprised if 'Shorty' managed an escape again. Even if he's in prison, I bet he still finds a way to stuff people in drums and hang em headless under El Paso bridges.

Where dumbo will no doubt pardon him before leaving office as a last slap in the face to America.

Can you believe that El Chapo Guzman guy? He shook hands with the devil.

CYVFTqIW8AAAHJK.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT