ADVERTISEMENT

OT: TPP passed today.

Section22Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 8, 2002
The oligarchy wins. It went almost unnoticed. Nobody gives a damn anyway.

When ordinary Americans who never asked for the plan, who don’t want the plan, who want no part of the plan, resist, they are scorned, mocked, and heaped with condescension. It is remarkable that so much energy has been expended on advancing the things Americans oppose, and preventing the things Americans want.”
Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama)

Edit: The bill passed is TPA (Trade Promotion "fast track" Authority) which opens the door to TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership negotiations).

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
Too late. Sovereignty lost to world courts (ISDS). Secret deals made without the public ever knowing about it. A new enormous flood of H-1B Visa workers coming in. More "Free Trade Zones", products made overseas, legally labeled "Made in USA". Not to mention all the things that have the libs upset about it, which I don't care about. Well try to make the best of it I guess, but the America that we once knew is fading fast.

But we have Dancing With the Stars and the Confederate Flag issue. Those are the big news stories.

I'm not going to comment on the original OP, because it's confusing. Why wouldn't it be, it hasn't been released to the public and 99% of Congress hasn't even read the bill. Well I guess I did just comment, but I could say more.

My post is about a former district #2 US representative. He was well known at the local American Legion and when drinking he would open up on the insides of the D.C. game. He bragged that he had never read a bill, served on a committee or cared what when on. He VOTED everytime with the Democratic leadership, because he was told to.

His reward was being invited to every party, junkets, etc that he called the fun part. Women for the taking (every night), booze and power. That's what's wrong with our system. Congress is full of the same types.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Information was release weeks ago. It is the entire text of the bill that was not released to the public. There is lots of information on the Internet and in the news. But Spiderman and iPhone 6 are more important.

Well, that was what I was trying to say. The text of the bill has been behind closed doors and not released or even read by 99% of congress. Anything that includes a provision in to include monies to re-train American workers that may lose their jobs throws up a big red flag to me.

On the other hand, most of Oklahoma's congressional representatives voted for it. Both Senators. I think Bridenstien was the lone no. Again, confusing to me.

Back to watching Spiderman..............lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT