ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Thoughts on Board Infighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsooner1

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2004
I know I’m not a regular poster but I do peruse the board. I enjoy it. I also enjoy spats between posters because it shows the emotion we all have, which is being a fan of “our” team. I’m old. I know I am. And I love nothing more than arguing something like “was Rod Shoat better than Teddy Lehman”. Heck, even that reference may be old. But, what I do know is that we all come here because we have one common thread. We are Sooner born and Sooner bred. This is a wonderful community to be a part of. And that’s the key. It’s a community. Like it or not we all have the best hopes for our school.
From what I’ve read, the past 2 days have gone down the drain in a couple of locked posts. Two people lost touch of being brethren and got out of hand. Both people said things that shouldn’t be said. One of those people took it to another level and attacked the other on a life changing situation. If anyone in this world has knowledge of a heinous crime about to be committed then I believe it is their responsibility to dox. However, if you get your feelings hurt over a sports related website and seek to destroy a persons livelihood, I think that is unacceptable. No matter how ignorant or badly put the statement was made. With all this being said, I do hope the moderators handle this issue with care. Free speech guarantees us the right to say what we want. But not the right to hurt others regardless of it being physically or financially. All in all, we have a good group here. We all love the same thing. Let’s try and temper our emotions when we have disagreements. That’s all I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News