ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Thinking of a career change-Need Help)

MikeBoom21

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2021
Pardon me while I "open up". So a while back I was making 30K a year doing manual labor work. I was fed up AF so I got on indeed and was searching and applying for random jobs. Out of no where a medical sales job calls for an interview. I made it clear I had no experience in sales but the guy liked my personality and took a chance on me. About 3 months later I realized it was fun working a salary, not having to clock in every day at the exact time and just talking with people and getting paid. About my 4th month in I get called into the office and they tell me how shocked they are that I'm doing great. By the 6th month I'm leading the state in sales. By the 9th month I've hit crazy ammount of commissions on top of a pretty good salary. About the 13th month I'm not liking the constant micro managing. I decide you know what I can take a couple months off and find something else. Fast forward to September of this year after taking a break of about 4 months. I get contacted by the rival company offering double the salary with commission as well. I take it. So far I'm enjoying it and about the 2nd month in I take the lead. Since being hired, I've been #1 in my state at what I do for this current company, but they are starting to micromanage everyone because some people are just not working at all and being lazy living off a decent salary. I need help. Being so new in the sales indudstry, I've made more money than I could have ever imagined but the constant stress of 1. Micromanaging 2. Making quota is tough. Don't get me wrong, I love helping people in the medical field, and the money I'm making is about 3 times I made before working in manual labor jobs. I need help on a career change that's good and that gives me job security for my future instead of a strict quota numbers game every month. What should I do? I'm 30 years old, clean record, bilingual and only have an associates degree but self driven. My whole life revolves around my wife and 2 kids. I do it all for them. Sometimes they see me as Superman but honestly, I'm stressed AF majority of the time. I want to get a new house that I can currently easily afford since I'm currently living in a small one is in the ghetto of SW okc, but scared AF of getting into a big debt not knowing how long I'll be at my current place of employment for. Before these last 2 sales jobs, I worked for the same company for over 5 years so this job changing is new to me and scary. Sorry for the rant boys lmao

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News