ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sooner Volleyball just got a great one

SDS28

Sooner starter
Jun 2, 2001
Edmond, OK
So most of you probably don't watch women's volleyball. But one of my daughter's former club teammates and a very good friend of hers moved in this weekend to Headington and will be joining the OU Volleyball team as a setter.

My daughter played on some of the best club teams in the nation with Payton (funny enough the other OU setter is also named Payton) and she's one of the best setters in her age group. She had gone to Wyoming and played for them during the 21 season and just wanted to step up in competition.

Anyway, her name is Payton Chamberlain and if you're a volleyball fan you'll be excited for what she'll be bringing to OU. Crazy athletic, and can set anywhere on the court. Played HS at Byron Nelson in Trophy Club, won the 6A state championship, was an All-American and owns the Texas state record across all classes for assists in a season. I believe she has the 3rd highest single season total in the Nation. Also was top 10 in blocks in the state of Texas which is pretty crazy as a setter.

Volleyball , women's , is pretty fun to watch. Go out and support the team next year if you have the option. Fun and tickets are cheap. Pretty easy to bring a family. I think a season ticket is $70 and that's for reserved seats. You can get just general admission too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News