ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New TV Technology

SDS28

Sooner starter
Jun 2, 2001
Edmond, OK
So, I'm in the market for a new TV after downsizing houses and no longer having a dedicated media room with a projector.

Pretty interesting time for TV Tech.

LG just released updates for their C1 and G1 OLED which are the C2 and G2. Both are brighter than previous versions and come with good features. they also will come in 77" and 83" for those bigger panels.

Sony is releasing their A95K which is a QD OLED. Shipping delayed until mid-may so can't see yet. But it's their Master Series and essentially it's replacing/adding to the A90J which was a pretty sweet OLED tv. This time they are using OLED but using Quantum Dot lighting so it's essentially two panels. It's using Samsung's panel and Sony is tweaking it. Only comes in 55" and 65"

Samsung has released their own QD OLED which is the S95B , same panel as the Sony (Samsung makes it) and reviews are pretty good in comparisons to the LG OLEDs. But again only in 65 and 55. Samsung pricing is much better.

The Sony and Samsung are the first panels to be made using QD OLED, although Dell/Alienware does have a 34" gaming monitor using the same tech that came out recently too.

QD OLED most likely the future of TV at this point in time, curious to see LG's response. Probably wont impact LG too much until a panel in QD OLED comes out that is larger than the 65".

I'm waiting until all are out and shipping to see reviews but I really want a panel in the 75+ range so it kind of sucks the Samsung and Sony don't go over 65"

Anyone else looking around?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News